While not as common as water damage, fires are able to start and spread throughout an entire room within seconds. It not won’t only cause severe, permanent damage, it’s extremely dangerous that threatens the personal safety of everyone on the property. Don’t hesitate to evacuate and call the fire department immediately.
But the emergency is not over as soon as the flames are extinguished. A professional fire damage restoration company must be called right away to restore the affected building materials and contents. ServiceMaster Restore is available 24/7 in the O’Fallon, MO area to provide emergency fire damage restoration services. Our technicians will then efficiently and effectively restore the entire property, regardless of the size, to its original condition.
Damages and Dangers Caused by Fires
When a fire starts, it will spread quickly, depending on the size and quantity of combustible materials in its path. The flames can also penetrate walls and floors, engulfing any building material in its way. While many home and business owners believe the flames cause all the damage, it is actually the smoke and soot byproducts that cover the remaining materials, left to compromise their structure. If not treated right away, these building materials and contents will become permanently damaged, costing additional time and money to have them replaced.
When it comes to fire damage restoration, ServiceMaster Restore considers all cases as emergencies due to the amount of smoke and soot byproducts that can cause permanent damage. Our technicians have years of experience when treating smoke and soot-damaged materials, carefully treating them with commercial products. We will also conduct controlled demolition and remove compromised materials from the property.
Our fire and smoke damage cleanup services cover all of the following:
- 24/7 Availability
- Emergency response
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Initial inspection and development of restoration plan
- Contents restoration and pack-out (if necessary)
- Controlled demolition and removal of debris
- Deep cleaning to remove smoke and soot byproducts
- Reconstruction and replacement building material installation
- Odor removal
- Return of contents to property (if needed)
- Final inspection
- Working with insurance company to assist with open claims process
Smoke Mitigation – What to Do:
- Call ServiceMaster Restore right away for emergency fire damage cleanup.
- Turn off the electricity before doing any cleanup tasks yourself.
- Wipe off any porcelain, Formica, chrome, or aluminum materials to prevent tarnishing.
- Change the HVAC filter.
- Place 2 layers of damp cheesecloth over the air vents.
- Take any damaged clothing needed right away to emergency restoration dry cleaner.
- Dispose of all food items exposed during the fire.
- Open all windows and doors to air out the property.
Fire Damage Restoration – What NOT to Do:
- Do not wash/clean any upholstery, clothing, or carpeting yourself.
- Do not turn on any ceiling fixtures, appliances, or electrical machinery before they are approved by a professional.
- Do not reenter the home or building without the permission of a firefighter.
- Do not touch any woodwork, furniture, or walls because the oil from human hands can further compromise the surface.
Smoke Odor Removal
In addition to restoring properties, ServiceMaster Restore ensures to remove all odors remaining from the flames with professional technology. While the odor doesn’t necessarily harm the affected structure or contents, having them wreak of smoke can cause headaches. Using thermal fogging, hydroxyl, and ozone technology, these deodorizers are designed to penetrate within each odor particle and eliminate it from within.
As you can see, restoring your property immediately after suffering through a fire is crucial and can even save time and money during the recovery process. This is done by preventing the soot and smoke byproducts from causing further etching and tarnishing to the affected materials. Finally after calling us for efficient restoration services, you can look forward to the peace of mind of a completely renewed property.
ServiceMaster Restore is available 24/7 at (636) 492-3030 in the O’Fallon, MO area to provide professional fire and smoke damage restoration services. We work with insurance companies to assist with open claims.