When a fire strikes a home or business, it often starts without warning and leaves the property in a devastated and sometimes dangerous condition. RestorationMaster provides fire damage restoration to homes and businesses that have been damaged by a fire in the Memphis, TN area. By providing immediate action, we can help mitigate your losses and save furnishings and personal items affected by fire and smoke damage.
The trained staff of RestorationMaster has the experience to provide effective fire damage cleanup services with knowledge of chemical combinations that can completely remove soot and smoke damage from household surfaces. This expertise allows us to clean soot from at-risk surfaces that include aluminum, chrome, brass, marble, porcelain, and tile as well as carpet and upholstery.
What to do after smoke and fire damage
- Call RestorationMaster immediately for assistance; corrosive byproducts can cause the damage to become permanent in as little as 72 hours.
- If the outside temperature is above 60 degrees, open up your home to air it out.
- Prevent permanent damage by cleaning Formica, chrome, porcelain, and aluminum surfaces.
- Change the air filter on furnaces that use forced hot air.
- Tape damp cheesecloths over each return and supply register to filter soot from the air.
- Throw away open food packages.
- Clean out your refrigerator thoroughly if the power is out.
- Save smoke damaged clothing for our restoration dry cleaning services.
What NOT to do after smoke and fire damage
- Do not touch walls, woodwork, or upholstery because hand oils can penetrate these surfaces and make smoke and soot damage worse.
- Do not wash the walls because improper cleaning methods will compound the soot residue.
- Do not try cleaning fire damaged carpet or upholstery.
- Do not use electrical appliances unless they have been thoroughly inspected.
- Do not use wet ceiling fixtures.
Our staff uses the best available cleaning products and equipment of the industry to ensure that we provide quality fire damage restoration services.
Our five-step fire damage cleanup process includes:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
Do not hesitate to contact RestorationMaster immediately for fire damage restoration services if your home or business in Memphis, TN has been badly damaged in a fire. Call us at (901) 410-4664 for emergency assistance 24 hours a day.