Fires can cause substantial damage to a home or building in such a short period of time and they often leave it in an unsafe condition. If your home or business in Marshall, MN suffers severe damage as a result of a fire, immediately contact ServiceMaster Professional Services for smoke and fire damage restoration. We can help salvage and restore property, furnishings, and personal items that have sustained heavy smoke or fire damage.
The highly trained staff of ServiceMaster Professional Services can provide effective smoke cleanup and fire damage restoration services with an expert knowledge of the best chemical combinations to use for removing soot and smoke damage from different surfaces. Our staff can remove soot safely from at-risk surfaces that include brass, aluminum, chrome, marble, tile, porcelain, and fabrics such as carpets and upholstery.
What to do after smoke and fire damage in Marshall, MN
- Contact us immediately after the flames are extinguished to limit the damage; corrosive byproducts may cause etching to become permanent within 72 hours.
- Open up your home to air out the smoke odor if the temperature is above 60 degrees.
- Clean fixtures with Formica, chrome, porcelain, or aluminum surfaces to prevent permanent tarnishing.
- If your furnace uses forced hot air, change the filter.
- Cover each return and supply register with a damp cheesecloth to filter loose soot from the air.
- Throw away open food packages.
- If the power is down, thoroughly clean the refrigerator and leave the doors propped open.
- Give us your smoke damaged clothing for our restoration dry cleaning services.
What NOT to do after smoke and fire damage
- Do not touch smoke or soot damaged surfaces, your hand oils can penetrate upholstery, walls, and woodwork to cause further damage.
- Do not attempt to wash the walls, improper cleaning methods make soot residue worse.
- Do not try to clean carpets or upholstery.
- Do not use electrical appliances unless they have been inspected.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling or fixture is wet.
In order to provide the most effective fire and smoke damage restoration services, we use only the best cleaning products and state-of-the-art equipment of the industry.
Our five-step fire damage restoration process includes:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
Do not hesitate to call ServiceMaster Professional Services to handle your smoke cleanup and fire damage restoration needs in Marshall, MN. The longer you wait to take action, the more damage your property will suffer. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 507-401-2323 to provide quick emergency response.