Flooding can happen very quickly within a home and when it does, it can often lead to water damage of your property and furnishings. ServiceMaster Professional Services provides flood cleanup and water damage restoration services to homes and businesses in Marshall, MN and the surrounding area. We consider flood damage to be an emergency situation and keep our phone lines open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond promptly to such emergencies. It is important to contact us immediately for flood cleanup to help limit loss and contain the damage which can save you money in insurance claims.
Our trained technicians provide high quality water damage restoration and flood cleanup services to restore and protect your property using only the industry’s best products, methods, and equipment.
What to do after water damage in Marshall, MN
After a flood occurs, your top priority should be to contact ServiceMaster Professional Services to immediately contain the damage and mitigate losses. After placing the service call, you can perform these following actions to help begin the flood cleanup process:
- Mop or blot dry to remove any excess water.
- Remove area rugs and floor coverings that are wet.
- Keep draperies off the floor by hanging the bottoms up on the drapery rod using a coat hanger.
- Place aluminum foil under furniture legs, wipe off wet furniture, and prop up cushions to dry evenly.
- Move photos and paintings to a safer location.
- Leave all regular and closet doors and drawers open for better drying.
What NOT to do after water damage
- Do not enter a room with standing water unless the power is off.
- Do not attempt to remove water with a regular vacuum cleaner.
- Do not attempt to remove permanent carpeting without professional help.
- Do not use electrical appliances on wet flooring.
- Do not attempt to clean up mold growth.
- Do not take damaged books off their shelf; pack them together tightly so the pages do not warp.
Our flood cleanup process includes:
- Inspection and assessment
- Water removal
- Anti-microbial application
- Drying: Air movement
- Drying: Dehumidifying
- Drying: Monitoring
If your home or business has been damaged by flooding, contact ServiceMaster Professional Services immediately at 507-401-2323 for flood cleanup and water damage restoration services. We are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide quick flood damage response to the Marshall, MN area.