Most natural disasters cause obvious physical damage but they may also result in a type of damage that is not so obvious, unpleasant odor. Foul, lingering odors can be extremely frustrating, especially if they are still present after your home has been repaired, and it is very difficult to remove odors without professional services. ServiceMaster by Rice provides smoke and odor mitigation services in Marion and Cedar Rapids, IA to remove unpleasant odors left behind after a disaster. We use advanced deodorization equipment to ensure that the odor and its source has been completely removed.
Odors from mold, water damage, smoke, or fire can get absorbed into the structural elements, furnishings, and air spaces of your home which is what makes it so difficult to remove. Our technicians are highly trained and use advanced technology including ozone technology, thermal fogging, Nano carbon technology, and hydroxyl technology to effectively remove odors from the furnishings and structural elements of your home as well as the air spaces. The following odors can be removed effectively with our services:
- Fire and Smoke Odor
- Pet Odor
- Dead Animal Odor
- Undetected Death Scene Odor
Our odor mitigation process is carried out in several steps designed to completely remove the odor and prevent it from returning. These steps include the following:
- Treatment and removal of the odor source
- Deodorization of effected structural elements and furnishings
- Deodorization of air spaces
- Air washing
- Sealing of porous surfaces
- Evaluation and documentation of our work
The smoke and odor mitigation services we provide are especially effective for the following odors that are normally the result of a natural disaster:
- Fire and Smoke Odor: Our advanced equipment can remove fire and smoke odors.
- Water Damage Odor: Standing water can cause musty odors in a home and result in mold or mildew growth which can also cause unpleasant odors. We can remove musty odors from water and mold.
- Biological Based Odors: We can clean up biohazard materials and remove odors left by biological materials including bodily fluids and dead animals.
If you notice an odor in your home in Marion or Cedar Rapids, IA from a recent disaster, call ServiceMaster by Rice for smoke and odor mitigation services. We use the most advanced technology of the industry which can effectively remove any foul odors from the air and furnishings in your home or building. You can call us 24 hours a day at (319) 243-3777 to learn more about our smoke and odor mitigation services.