Mold is particularly dangerous when it appears on your property because it can result in damage to your building, belongings, and health. It can grow whenever excess moisture is present and spread with ease once it takes hold. To prevent it from wreaking havoc on your property in Long Island, NY, we offer mold remediation services here at ServiceMaster Restoration Services. From Montauk to Manhattan, NY, we remove mold from affected properties, and restore damaged surfaces and materials. We respond to residential and commercial mold cases of any size.
The Dangers of Mold
Mold is dangerous on several fronts, and it is important to understand how it is dangerous to fully recognize the importance of removing it from your property.
- Mold can feed on the cellulose in common building materials, and only needs additional moisture to thrive.
- As the mold takes hold and grows, it will release airborne spores to contaminate other areas of your property.
- Discoloration and structural damage are tremendous concerns when mold begins to grow.
- Individuals who are exposed to the mold may experience allergic reactions, breathing complications, skin irritation, and other health-related issues (in some cases, exposure can result in asthma attacks and respiratory infections).
Mold Removal Services
When you choose to work with us here at ServiceMaster Restoration Services, you will benefit from the work of experienced, IICRC-certified technicians. We know where to look for mold, and we work with an independent third party that tests the quality of your building’s air in order to locate hidden mold. Once all the mold growth has been identified, we will create and implement a customized mold remediation plan. Once this has been completed, we will inspect your building and belongings again to ensure that conditions are back to normal.
Preventing Mold Growth
Mold spores are constantly present in the air, which can make it difficult to prevent its growth in the first place. To help you take preemptive action, we have compiled this list of preventative measures that you can begin today:
- Limit moisture in your building to between 30% and 60% by properly ventilating kitchens and bathrooms and using dehumidifiers and fans.
- Wipe condensation and standing water from wet structural elements and furnishings within 24 hours.
- Use detergent and water to clean hard surfaces (make sure that you dry them thoroughly).
- Add insulation to exterior walls, roofing, piping, and flooring.
- Do not install carpeting in areas prone to moisture.
If mold begins to grow on your property, it is critical to address it as soon as possible. Our ServiceMaster Restoration Services representatives are available at (631) 206-6808. We are happy to answer any questions you have and schedule an emergency appointment. We provide effective mold remediation services to property owners across Long Island from Montauk to Manhattan, NY.