ServiceMaster by JTS
Water Damage Related Info
When finding that there is severe water or flood damage on your property, it can be overwhelming. However, it is crucial to call for help as soon as possible. This is because the water will spread to affect additional materials over time. To make matters worse, there is also the risk for mold growth to occur as bacteria will build up within the affected area.
ServiceMaster by JTS is available 24/7 in the Longview, WA area to provide emergency water damage restoration and flood cleanup services to both commercial and residential properties. Our technicians will arrive right away to first remove the source of the damage followed by starting the cleanup process right away to restore your building materials.
Water damage is known as one of the most common types of disasters due to the significant number of possible sources. These can include, but are not limited to the following: leaking or burst pipe, broken sprinkler head, heavy rains, flooding, overflowing drains, sinks, and bathtubs, and sewage backups. ServiceMaster by JTS understands that while these are common, they must always be treated as emergency situations.
We will arrive within 2 hours of your first call to immediately begin the cleanup process. We will also inspect the property for any additional signs of damage as there may be more sources than one. But once the source(s) have been removed, we will extract all excess water, and set up our advanced equipment to dry out all affected materials. Finally, when the structure has been dried effectively, we will have it disinfected to inhibit any microbial growth.
You can expect the following from our water mitigation service:
- Open and full communication: From start to finish, your technician will keep you updated throughout the entire process and answer any questions you may have along the way. You can also refer to our water extraction FAQ if they are not available.
- Examination of Affected Area: In addition to the damaged areas, your property will be thoroughly inspected for any additional signs of damage as it is common for other sources to be hidden. We will then create a custom plan to have all water extracted as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Complete drying and dehumidification: Once the plan has been created, we will set up our drying and dehumidification equipment to remove all remaining moisture within the structure. Once it has been extracted from the air, the dehumidifiers will evaporate it quickly to avoid affecting additional materials.
- Restoration and cleaning: Once all moisture has been extracted, we will disinfect the materials to eliminate any bacteria from the damage.
- Sewage Cleanup: In the event that your structure was damaged by sewage water, we will work effectively to have it extracted as quickly as possible. We will then dispose of any soiled material and install replacements. Any hard surfaced, non-porous materials will be decontaminated and cleaned thoroughly to allow for safe use again.
Water Damage Repair – What to Do:
- Call ServiceMaster by JTS right away to remove the source of the damage and begin the restoration process right away.
- Mop up as much water as you can.
- Remove any items or rugs off the floor.
- Hang up any draperies.
- Place a piece of foil between any furniture legs to prevent the water from traveling up.
Water Mitigation – What NOT to Do:
- Do not touch any moldy surfaces.
- Do not enter any room with severe electrical or structural damage.
- Do not try to remove anything that is attached the floor.
- Do not use a vacuum to extract the water.
Although common, water damage can cause thousands of dollars in damages to a property. The longer it is left to spread, the more money and time in repairs required to have it fixed.
If you have noticed a significant amount of excess water on your property, do not hesitate to call the professionals at ServiceMaster by JTS at (360) 450-3505 in the Longview, WA area for 24/7 emergency water damage restoration and flood extraction services.