Fire Damage Related Info
Nothing can be more traumatic than to find your property and belongings ruined after a severe fire. While this experience can certainly be scary, it is these moments that are the most crucial to saving as many materials as you can.
This is because the majority of the damage occurs after the flames are extinguished. As soon as they are out, do not hesitate to call RestorationMaster at (360) 450-3505 in the Longview, WA area for professional fire damage restoration services. Our technicians will arrive right away within your first call to immediately board up the property to stabilize the structure. They will then inspect the building materials to identify the areas of priority, immediately starting the restoration process to prevent the spread of damage.
Structural Damage Caused by Fire and Smoke
When a fire occurs, the smoke that is derived from the flames causes the most damage to a building structure and belongings. Even after the fire has been extinguished, the smoke and soot will cover the structure, leaving a thick, oily residue. As they seep into the material, they will compromise the structure, called etching and tarnishing. This is why treatment is needed as soon as possible to save as much structure and items as possible.
As soon as the fire restoration technicians arrive, they will assess the damage and work to remove as much smoke and soot residue as possible. We can also provide content cleaning services to return any of your personal belongings to their original conditions. Finally, we will work with your insurance agent during the claims process to allow a smooth transition for you during this traumatic time.
The following procedures are covered in our fire restoration services:
- Emergency board up of the structure
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Ceiling and wall cleaning
- Complete restoration of all structure
- Content cleaning
Smoke Damage Restoration – What You Can Do:
- Call RestorationMaster right away to save as much of the structure and content as possible.
- If the temperature within the property exceeds 60 degrees Farenheit, open the doors and windows to air out the smoke.
- Throw away all food articles.
- Wipe off any soot from plant leaves.
- Transport any fire-damaged clothing to a specialized restoration dry cleaner for immediate use.
Fire Damage Cleanup – What to Avoid
- Do not eat any food items that were present during the fire.
- Do not use any machinery until inspected by a licensed electrician.
- Do not turn on the electricity until the technicians have arrived.
- Do not try to clean any soot or smoke residue yourself as any improper cleaning techniques and products can worsen the damage.
With the use of specialized products and equipment, the technicians at RestorationMaster will restore your property and content to their original conditions. From cleaning materials such as aluminum, brass, glass, tile, carpet, to restoring fabrics, we will work to save as many of your belongings as possible.
If your home or building has been severely damaged by a property fire in the Longview, WA area, do not hesitate to call fire damage restoration services. Available 24/7 at (360) 450-3505, our technicians will work tirelessly to restore your property and content to their original conditions.