Watching your home go up in flames is a devastating experience as your home and possessions can quickly become severely damaged. When a fire occurs, your first concern is to evacuate the home or building to prevent injuries or death to those inside. Once the fire is out, you cannot hesitate to call a professional for restoration services. The smoke, soot, and corrosive byproducts lingering after the fire is out can continue to cause even more damage than the fire itself.
ServiceMaster of Lancaster County provides fire and smoke damage restoration services in Lincoln, NE to stop the spread of the damage after a fire and rebuild affected homes and buildings. Our technicians use advanced cleaning products and equipment to salvage as much of your home and belongings as possible after a fire.
Damage Caused by the Smoke and Soot
The fire damage restoration process must begin immediately after the fire is out and the fire department clears the property. Smoke, soot, and other corrosive byproducts continue to spread throughout the building. Without proper restoration, they will damage various objects and materials after the fire has been put out. These byproducts will cause corrosion and discoloration of the materials they affect and the corrosive effects will become permanent if the materials are not properly restored.
We use advanced chemical cleaning products that can effectively remove damage caused by soot and corrosive byproducts from a wide range of household surfaces and objects. If the fire has damaged a significant amount of your personal belongings, we provide pack-out services to take your items to our facility for thorough cleaning and restoration.
What to Do During Fire Damage Cleanup:
- Call ServiceMaster of Lancaster County right away for emergency fire damage cleaning.
- Throw away any food items that were present during the fire.
- Transport any clothing to a special restoration dry cleaners that is needed for immediate use.
- Replace the air duct cleaning filter.
- Tape 2 layers of damp cheesecloth over the air supply and return registers.
- If weather permits, open all exterior windows and doors to increase air flow throughout the property.
- Open all closets, drawers, and cabinets to have them aired out.
What NOT to Do During Fire Damage Repair:
- Do not enter any room with severe structural or electrical damage.
- Do not clean any building materials or content yourself.
- Do not use any electrical appliances without clearance of a licensed technician.
- Do not touch anything without gloves as the oil from your hands can cause further damage to the affected materials.
- Do not turn on the ceiling fan if there is water damage in the ceiling.
Emergency Board Up Services
Fires often cause serious structural damage that leaves homes and buildings dangerously unstable. Our technicians at ServiceMaster of Lancaster County will stabilize your home or building right away with emergency board-up services. Emergency board-ups provide temporary support for heavily damaged homes and buildings until we can repair the damage with our reconstruction services. We are fully equipped to repair serious structural damage with thorough reconstruction.
After calling ServiceMaster of Lancaster County for fire damage restoration, follow these tips to help limit the damage:
- Do not try to clean soot from porous surfaces like woodwork, drywall, or furniture.
- Do not use your air conditioner or furnace.
- Stay off your furniture.
- Do not use electronics until you have them inspected.
- Dispose of any food products that were exposed during the fire.
If you experience a fire in your home or building, you must remember that the damage will continue to spread even after the fire is extinguished. Call ServiceMaster of Lancaster County to start the restoration process right away. Our technicians can salvage surfaces and objects affected by the corrosive byproducts as well as rebuild structural damage.
You can reach us 24 hours a day at (402) 347-2987 to respond to your fire and smoke damage emergencies in Lincoln, NE.