Some types of mold are considered “good” as they involve the breakdown of organic materials. However, others are dangerous when they contain bacteria that poses a threat to the health of you and your loved ones. Unfortunately, this mold has the potential to thrive in your home, given the proper conditions and feeding grounds. While mold growth typically requires a moist environment and porous materials, it can be present anywhere in your home or building. This is due to the fact that it disperses its spores into the air in order to spread to new areas.
After encountering water damage that has been left to spread throughout the affected area, there is a high chance that mold growth is also present. As the moisture level in the affected room is high or continues to rise, mold is able to prosper, feeding off of the cellulose in porous materials such as wood or drywall. While some cases of mold can be treated with products around the house, it is not recommended to clean this yourself. As there are many different types of mold, others prove to be more dangerous than others as they pose a dangerous health threat to you and your family. This is why it is important to call the professionals at RestorationMaster right away to effectively remove all cases of mold growth while keeping it contained to the affected area. This is to avoid the mold spores dispersing into the air to affect additional materials.
Mold Restoration – What to Do
- Call RestorationMaster to immediately secure the affected area and prevent the damage from spreading.
- Wipe down any surfaces that are not already affected by mold but contain condensation.
- Air out the property by either turning on the A/C unit or dehumidifier.
- Always use glasses, gloves, and a breathing mask when present around mold.
- Monitor the HVAC system of your home.
Mold Remediation – What NOT to Do
- Do not try to clean the mold yourself as improper cleaning techniques may cause it to spread further by dispersing its spores.
- Do not try to cover any moldy surfaces with caulk or pain.
- Avoid all direct contact with visible mold as many different types, especially black mold, prove to be extremely dangerous to one’s health.
- Do not place a fan directly in front of the mold.
Mold Damage Restoration
Not only does RestorationMaster treat all areas within the home for mold growth, we perform a mold inspection test to identify hidden areas and others that are at high risk. We will then secure all areas that are prone for mold growth in the future while treating any additional areas found within your home or building. Once your building or home is free of all mold growth, we will repair or replace your affected materials in addition to dehumidifying each room. This is to prevent mold growth from returning in the future.
While mold is essential in allowing the breakdown of organic materials, some types of mold prove to be dangerous to humans as well as building materials. This is why it is important to call RestorationMaster as soon as you discover mold growth in your home. Our technicians undergo frequent training to use the latest products and techniques guaranteed to restore your home or building to a mold-free environment. We are available 24/7 at 888-915-8868 for all mold removal services in Lincoln City, OR and the surrounding communities.