Fire Damage Related Info
A fire is every homeowner’s and business owner’s worst nightmare. As it disrupts the lives of those residing on the property, the smoke is dangerous to their health, their belongings are at risk for permanent damage, and the building will require immediate restoration services. Even losing a part of the building, such as an office or bedroom, can be both traumatic and costly to replace. However, if help is called immediately, furnishings and personal belongings may not be lost forever. RestorationMaster specializes in emergency services in which our technicians are available 24/7 for fire damage restoration in both commercial and residential buildings in Lincoln City, OR and its surrounding communities. With our advanced restoration equipment, we guarantee to put your life back on track in a timely manner.
Smoke and Soot Removal
We consider all fire damage remediation emergency cleanup services. This is because even after everyone has safely evacuated the building and the flames have been extinguished, the majority of the damage is caused by the smoke and soot. These corrosive byproducts will settle into the affected materials, causing etching and tarnishing to the remaining furnishings. However, when contacted right away, the technicians at RestorationMaster will remove these byproducts with effective products. This way, they can be restored to their original condition without worrying about calculating the costs to replace them. Our team is also experienced in providing smoke and soot removal, neutralization, and deodorization services. This is to effectively restore your home or building to a clean and safe environment once more without facing the aftermath of a fire.
Smoke Damage Repair – What to Do
- Call RestorationMaster immediately for emergency smoke damage restoration.
- If the temperature on the property exceeds 60 degrees, allow for as much air ventilation as possible.
- Wipe down only materials that include: chrome, porcelain, Formica, and aluminum to prevent the damage from spreading.
- Use two layers of cheesecloth to place over the air vents and prevent any floating soot from settling into the affected materials.
- Cover all furniture and upholstery with bed sheets to prevent additional damage.
- Remove everything from the freezer and refrigerator as long as the electricity is turned off.
- Transport any fabrics that have been severely damaged to a professional restoration dry cleaning services that is needed for immediate use.
Fire Mitigation – What to Avoid
- Do not touch any materials that have been severely affected by soot and smoke as it can cause additional damage.
- Do not try to wash any walls or floors that have been affected by the smoke and soot.
- Do not try to wash any carpets or damaged furniture until the technicians have arrived.
- Do not operate any electrical appliances until they are cleared by the professionals.
- Do not turn on any ceiling fixtures, especially if they are still wet from the fire hose.
Our fire damage restoration process includes the following steps:
- Emergency Pre-Cleaning
- Content Cleaning
- Content Pack-Out
- Wall and Ceiling Cleaning
The safety of all individuals affected by a building fire is certainly the first priority when facing this natural disaster. After everyone has been safely evacuated from the home or building, it is imperative to call a fire damage restoration service immediately as the majority of the damage is done after the flames have been extinguished. The soot and smoke will tarnish all affected materials, causing permanent damage if not treated right away. However, the technicians at RestorationMaster have the effective products necessary to restore your building to its original condition before the fire. We are available 24/7 at 888-915-8868 in the Lincoln City, OR area to handle all fire damage restoration emergencies.