Whether you are a property owner in a residential or commercial setting, fires can be disastrous in a number of ways. First, the flames themselves have the potential to devastate anything in their path. Second, the resulting smoke, soot, and destructive byproducts can spread throughout your property to cause etching, discoloration, corrosion, and other complications. Once firefighting personnel have doused the fire, our ServiceMaster by T.A. Russell technicians will work quickly to limit the damage and restore your property in L.A. County, CA.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Process
ServiceMaster by T.A. Russell has proudly provided fire damage restoration services to homes and businesses in L.A. County for a number of years. Our experts understand the nature of fire, as well as its resulting smoke and soot. We will do everything possible to prevent permanent damage to your property and belongings, and will clean and restore them as thoroughly as we can. All of our technicians are highly trained, have years of experience, and truly give your items the greatest odds of being fully repaired. Our fire damage restoration services boil down to a 4-step approach:
- Step 1 – Emergency Pre-Cleaning: We will respond within 2 to 4 hours of your call to provide emergency pre-cleaning services, thus reducing the risks of permanent damage taking hold.
- Step 2 – Content Cleaning and Pack-Out Services: We will repair, clean, and deodorize your belongings as thoroughly as possible either on-site or at one of our climate controlled facilities.
- Step 3 – Property Restoration and Cleaning: We will restore and clean all elements of your property, from walls and ceilings to everything in between.
- Step 4 – Deodorization Services: We will remove all lingering odors from your property.
Commercial Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration
Fires in commercial settings can be especially damaging because they have the potential to destroy equipment that is essential to your operations, and sideline you for the time being. We work efficiently and effectively to reduce this downtime and get your business back on its feet.
The Dos and Don’ts Following Fires
As with other disasters, there are specific actions that you should and should not do following a fire. Below are actions that you should take right away:
- Call ServiceMaster by T.A. Russell as soon as the fire is put out
- Circulate air by opening doors and windows
- Clean off Formica, aluminum, chrome, and porcelain surfaces
- Cover return and supply registers with damp cheesecloth
- Change your furnace’s air filter
- Clean out your refrigerator
- Throw away contaminated food
- Utilize professional dry cleaning services for affected clothing
You must avoid the following actions after a fire because they can result in harm to you or your property:
- Do not touch affected areas or items with your bare skin
- Do not attempt to wash soot off of affected materials
- Do not clean your furniture or carpeting
- Do not use ceiling fixtures or electrical appliances until they have been professionally inspected
We encourage you to call ServiceMaster by T.A. Russell if you are in need of fire damage restoration services. We are available 24 hours a day at (626) 386-8834, and can arrive on-site within 2 to 4 hours of your call.
We are proud to service property owners in West Covina, Arcadia, Glendora, Pomona, Burbank, San Fernando, Alhambra, Monrovia, Diamond Bar, San Dimas, and Claremont in L.A. County, CA.