There are several types of severe storms that can descend on the Kingwood, TX area and put homes and businesses at risk for major property damage. As local residents know, our area is vulnerable to damaging wind, hail, and rainstorms, as well as more severe storms like hurricanes and tornadoes. Hurricane Harvey is the most recent example of how devastating a hurricane can be and tornadoes are also a regular occurrence when in season. The strong wind brought by both types of storms can result in widespread damage and threaten the lives and safety of those in the affected areas. Hurricanes bring another layer of damage with excessive floods that can ruin homes and businesses and greatly increase the risk of injuries or death. Those who live and work in Kingwood, TX should always be on alert for hurricanes and tornadoes and have their property prepared to help limit the risk of damage.
ServiceMaster Restoration & Cleaning provides tornado and hurricane damage repair services to help homes and businesses in Kingwood, TX recover in the aftermath. Our technicians can address structural issues caused by the wind and we also have the equipment to handle serious indoor flooding. It is very important to react immediately to property damage caused by a tornado or hurricane or the damage can become much worse.
The area around Kingwood, TX is always vulnerable to tornadoes, but they are most likely to occur during the peak of tornado season in the late spring and early summer. The most dangerous element of a tornado is the wind as F1 tornadoes have winds between 73 and 122 mph while an F5 tornado can have winds over 300 mph. The winds of a tornado can cause very serious damage including peeling off roofing and siding, breaking windows, overturning vehicles, and knocking over trees and powerlines. The most powerful tornadoes can level homes and buildings and turn large debris into projectiles that will cause even more damage. Areas affected by tornadoes are left in an unrecognizable and very dangerous state, especially if there are downed powerlines.
If a tornado has caused damage on your property, you need to contact ServiceMaster Restoration & Cleaning immediately to secure your home or building and begin cleaning up the damage. Structures that are not stabilized and secured can sustain further damage from outside elements and they are at serious risk for collapse.
We will provide the following after a tornado to help restore your property:
- Emergency Board Ups: Our technicians will board up openings in your home or building and stabilize its structural core to prevent additional damage from rain, wind, and animals.
- Tarping: We will cover your roof with tarp if it has been severely damaged.
- Debris Removal: Tornadoes leave affected areas littered with debris including building materials, tree branches, and broken glass. We will ensure that all debris is removed from your property.
- Reconstruction: Our technicians will rebuild serious seriously damaged homes and buildings with full reconstruction services.
The winds of a hurricane are not quite as strong as tornado winds, but they are still very dangerous and they are always accompanied by heavy rain that causes extensive flooding. The flooding is often the most dangerous element of a hurricane because it can happen very quickly and wash out the homes and buildings of an entire area. Moving flood water increases the risk of drowning and it may contain sewage and debris that can cause additional damage, health issues, or injuries.
ServiceMaster Restoration & Cleaning can help homes and businesses recover from the physical damage and flood damage caused by a hurricane. We have the experience and equipment to remove standing water from homes and buildings and restore or repair materials affected by water damage. You can expect the following steps from our technicians to help you recover after a hurricane:
- Flood Damage Restoration: We effectively remove standing flood water and excess moisture with water extraction and dehumidification equipment. Once the water is removed, we will restore and disinfect the damaged materials to prevent structural issues and mold growth.
- Board Ups and Tarping: We will cover openings in your home or building caused by the wind and put tarp over damaged roofing to keep additional rain and wind from causing further damage.
- Reconstruction: We can rebuild damaged homes and businesses with complete reconstruction services to get your property back to its pre-storm condition.
The threat of a tornado or hurricane is always present in the Kingwood, TX area, especially during the summer and fall. It is very important for residents to be prepared at all times to protect your property and keep yourself safe. Make sure you contact ServiceMaster Restoration & Cleaning immediately if your home or building is heavily damaged by a hurricane or tornado. We will quickly work to stabilize your building and provide repair and restoration services as needed. You can reach us 24 hours a day at (281) 668-5912 for emergency tornado and hurricane damage repair.