ServiceMaster Kwik Restore
Fire Damage Related Info
As fires can be the most disastrous types of damage, many property owners are not aware of the amount of damage that is incurred after the flames are out. As soot, burning synthetics, and smoke will cause etching and tarnishing to the building materials, restoration services will be crucial to prevent permanent damage. The smoke will also penetrate through the walls and be absorbed by previously unaffected porous materials, including furniture, drywall, upholstery, flooring, and other fabrics. However, ServiceMaster Kwik Restore is available in Kenosha, WI to provide emergency fire and smoke damage restoration services. We also work with insurance to ease your stress during the claims process.
Fire and Smoke Cleanup
As ServiceMaster Kwik Restore fire restoration services cover both residential and commercial properties, our technicians are able to handle fire cases of all sizes. They not only have years of experience in effectively restoring homes and buildings, they use the latest products, equipment, and cleaning techniques to leave your property to provide a safe, healthy living or working condition again.
Our technicians are also certified in IICRC standards in addition to their ongoing training to ensure you the highest quality restoration job. Their training includes all of the following: deodorization, neutralization, and content cleaning to effectively restore all items that have incurred severe damage from the fire, soot, and smoke.
Home and Building Fire Restoration
While the flames may have already been extinguished, simply airing out the property will not stop the damage from spreading. The building structure as well as the contains will contain a smoke residue that requires the application of special products in order to be removed properly. However, if they are not applied right away, the damaged materials and content may not be salvageable. As we provide emergency fire and smoke cleanup services, commercial cleaning equipment and products provided by ServiceMaster Kwik Restore to effectively restore all materials and content. But as this must be done quickly, we arrive in a timely manner in order to limit the spread of damage.
Fire Restoration – What to Do
- Call ServiceMaster Kwik Restore right away to limit the spread of damage.
- Cover all air vents with two layers of cheese cloth.
- Replace the air filters on the HVAC system.
- Remove any pets from the property and transport them to a safe, clean environment.
- Place a bedsheet over all furniture and upholstery, even if it is already damaged, to prevent any floating soot from settling in.
- Use a light coat of petroleum jelly or light oil to clean the soot off of any chrome faucets in the kitchen or bathroom.
- Discard any food items that were present during the fire.
Smoke Damage Cleanup – What NOT to Do
- Do not use any “do-it-yourself” cleaning methods as it may only cause the soot to be rubbed in deeper within the affected surface.
- Do not use any appliances that require electricity until they have been cleared by a fire restoration technician.
- Do not eat any food from the refrigerator, freezer, pantry, or cabinets that were present during the fire.
Our fire damage repair services effectively include all of the following:
- Emergency pre-cleaning of the affected areas
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out (if necessary)
- Ceiling and wall cleaning
- Odor Removal
As soon as a fire has occurred on your property, restoration services must be contacted immediately after the fire department in order to not only restore the damage, but prevent it from spreading. ServiceMaster Kwik Restore is available 24/7 for emergency fire and smoke damage restoration services at (262)395-7793 in Kenosha, WI and the surrounding areas. With our advanced services, you can be sure that your property will be restored to its original condition in a timely manner, providing you with the peace of mind you deserve.