As just about all home and business owners know, mold is one of the last things you want to see on your property. It can cause major damage to structural elements of your building, and even be a catalyst for potentially severe health issues for those exposed to it over a period of time. Here at ServiceMaster Restoration of Tri-Cities, we provide premier mold remediation services for those in the Hastings, NE, area to eradicate these risks.
The unfortunate reality with mold is that it is incredibly mobile. This means that once it appears in one area, it will likely spread to another. Mold spores will latch on to surfaces in moist or humid locations that have an organic food source.
Common household areas that are often vulnerable to mold growth include, but are not limited to:
- Under bathroom and kitchen sinks
- Behind refrigerators and toilets
- In crawl spaces, basements, and attics (especially if they are leaky or have poor air circulation)
- Beneath wet carpet
- Near air conditioning units
- Within walls that contain plumbing
Mold Damage Cleanup Tips
Discovering Mold – What to Do:
- Call ServiceMaster Restoration of Tri-Cities for immediate mold remediation to alleviate allergic reactions and breathing problems.
- Turn on the dehumidifier.
- Inspect the air duct system for mold.
- Wear protective equipment, including eye wear, breathing mask, and gloves when present around the mold.
- Increase air circulation throughout the home by turning on the air conditioning unit or overhead fan.
Removing Mold – What NOT to Do:
- Do not paint or caulk over any moldy surfaces.
- Do not touch any moldy surfaces.
- Do not try to clean any mold yourself with home remedies.
- Do not place a fan directly in front of the mold.
What to Expect During the Service
If you see or smell mold within your home or office building, do not hesitate to give us a call. Our mold removal experts are among the best in Nebraska, and will return your property to its original condition. When you hire ServiceMaster Restoration of Tri-Cities for mold remediation services, you can expect the following:
- Swift Response and Open Communication: Our representatives are available 24 hours a day, and can get a mold remediation crew to you in short order. Upon our arrival, we will perform an assessment of the situation, develop a plan of action, and inform you as to how we will proceed.
- Contact Your Insurance Provider: We will send a copy of our assessment to your insurance provider for future reference.
- Mold Containment: Mold spores are notorious for spreading rapidly, so we begin our work by first containing the mold already on-site.
- Mold Removal: We remove mold with specialized equipment in order to minimize the risk of it spreading. Our tools and methodology have been proven time and again to be both effective and efficient at this process.
- Location Restoration: Once all mold has been removed, we will work to restore any affected areas to their prior condition, both structurally and aesthetically.
- Prevention of Future Mold Growth: We will identify why mold originally began to grow on your property, and address the situation to prevent mold from growing in the future.
Here at ServiceMaster Restoration of Tri-Cities, we have the tools, knowledge, and experience to find, eliminate, and prevent mold growth in your home or office space. To take advantage of our mold remediation service, contact our representatives at (308)210-2595.
We are available 24 hours a day to take your call, and we can get expert mold remediation technicians to your property quickly in Hastings, NE.