If a fire has tragically left your home or building in ruins, it can leave you, your family, and employees in a devastating situation. While fire damage can have a serious impact on a living situation or business activities, it is crucial to know how to proceed in order to save as much time, and costs, in repairs as possible.
Fire Damage Repair
After calling the fire department to extinguish the flames, it is essential to call a professional fire damage restoration service right away. This is because the soot and smoke can continue to cause extreme damage to the structure and content of your home or building. ServiceMaster by Mason is available 24/7 in Hampton, CT and the surrounding areas to provide professional fire damage repair services.
With our professional products, equipment, and proven processes, we will restore as many building materials and items as possible to their original condition. We will also work directly with your insurance provider to allow you to focus on other family or business matters during this stressful time.
Fire Damage Cleanup
When calling for fire damage cleanup services, it is important to know the cause of the fire in order to prevent it from happening again in the future. Possible sources can include but are not limited to: a burning stove or candle, a malfunction of a heat-related appliance, an overloaded circuit, or lightning bolt strike of the home.
When a fire occurs within a home or building, the flames will produce the smoke and soot which will then settle into the materials and cause detrimental damage. But if any hesitation is taken towards treatment, the damage will become permanent.
ServiceMaster by Mason is available 24/7/365 and responds promptly to your emergency restoration needs. Our technicians will promptly arrive at your home or business to examine the damage, formulate a plan, and begin the restoration process. Our specialists will take all measures necessary to prevent the continued spread of damages caused by corrosion and tarnishing. As they are IICRC-certified and undergo frequent training, our technicians are fully equipped and prepared to handle fire and smoke damage at both small and large residential and commercial properties.
Fire Damage Repair – Check Out this Video:
Fire Restoration – What to Do:
- Call ServiceMaster by Mason right away for emergency fire restoration and prevent the smoke and soot from spreading.
- Open all windows to air out the property, as long as weather permits.
- Transport any pets to a safe location.
- Cover any upholstery with bedsheets to prevent any loose soot particles from settling into the fabric.
Smoke Mitigation – What NOT to Do:
- Do not use any ceiling fixtures that may contain water damage.
- Do not use any appliances until they have been approved by a licensed electrician.
- Do not enter any room with severe structural or electrical damage.
- Do not touch anything with your hands as the oil can cause additional damage.
The fire and smoke cleanup process includes the following:
- Initial inspection of property
- Emergency tarping and board ups
- Smoke and soot residue removal
- Deep cleaning of affected areas (concrete, glass, carpet, tile, paint, metal, drywall, wood, brick, masonry, etc.)
- Water mitigation
- Demolition and removal of debris
- Content cleaning and pack out (if necessary)
- Working with your insurance agency during claims process
If you have encountered a fire on your property, it is most important to call the fire department right away. As soon as the flames have been extinguished and everyone has been evacuated safely, emergency fire damage restoration services must be called right away to begin the process of restoring your facility.
ServiceMaster by Mason is available 24/7 at (860) 455-4969 to restore all damage caused by fire and smoke and return the property to its original condition.