While there are many methods of preventing water damage within a home or building, there are simply too many sources to completely eliminate the chances of it happening. These sources can include one or more of the following: pipe leaks, pipe burst, sewage backup, rainstorm, flooding, leaking washing machine, dishwasher, or water heater, overflowing drains, and even more! While this kind of damage is common for many property owners, emergency treatment is still needed in order to prevent as much time and costs in additional repairs in the future. In addition, as long as moisture is present within the property, the risk for mold to develop is heightened.
ServiceMaster by Crossroads is available 24/7 in the Greenwood, IN area to provide emergency water damage restoration and water extraction services to return commercial and residential properties to their original conditions. Our technicians will arrive within 2 hours of your first call to remove the source of the water, develop a plan for the repairs, and begin restoration right away.
Flood Cleanup – Check Out This Video
Property Damage from Water
When water affects a particular area, many porous materials, including: drywall, particleboard, paint, wood, and other surfaces will be the first to sustain the most damage; they have microscopic holes that are perfect for absorbing moisture and mold spores. But when not treated immediately, they will become discolored and warped, which can ultimately lead to permanent damage.
If the water is also contaminated with biohazards, such as sewage particles, it can be very dangerous to start the cleanup process before the professionals arrive. In order to avoid the risk for serious diseases and sicknesses, it is best to wait for the technicians to arrive.
Finally, any area that has sustained water damage is prone to have mold growth. As this fungus only needs an organic source – such as your drywall, wood, or other porous building material – and moisture, it will be able to develop and thrive at any time before restoration services.
Our technicians provide the following as a part of the water damage cleanup services:
- Immediate Response and Open Communication: ServiceMaster by Crossroads treats all water damage cases as emergencies as they know that the damage will continue to spread by the second. We will also keep you updated throughout the process.
- Advanced Equipment and Products: In order to provide the highest quality service, each of our technicians is experienced and trained to extract the water, restore the building materials, and inhibit microbial growth with advanced equipment and products to prevent the risk of mold in the future.
- IICRC Standards: Our technicians are IICRC-certified to extract all water and restore the building materials as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Help with Insurance: In order to provide the most peace of mind as possible, we will work with your insurance provider during the claims process.
What to Do – Water Extraction:
- Call ServiceMaster by Crossroads immediately to start the repair process.
- Mop up or blot dry as much of the water as possible.
- Prop up any furniture skirts, cushions, pillows, and upholstery to allow for faster drying.
- Place a piece of foil under furniture legs to prevent water from traveling upwards.
- Remove any content from the floor that is not already tacked down.
- Pack books tightly in their place to prevent the pages from becoming warped.
What NOT to Do – Water Mitigation:
- Do not enter any room with severe electrical or structural damage.
- Do not turn on any appliance that has been damaged by water.
- Do not turn on the ceiling fan if the ceiling has water damage.
- Do not vacuum up any water.
Whether you find a puddle or pool of water in your home or building, it is essential to call for professional restoration services right away. In order to prevent as much damage as possible, locate and cut off the source of water, if possible. ServiceMaster by Crossroads is available 24/7 at (317)215-5199 in the Greenwood, IN area for emergency water damage restoration services.