Fire Damage Related Info
When fires occur, they can cause damage so extreme that they can leave properties in critical conditions, and it doesn’t even stop when the flames are out. All of the corrosive byproducts, like soot and smoke will cause etching and tarnishing to the remaining materials, covering them in a thick, oily residue that will need to be removed with professional products.
ServiceMaster of North Texas is available in Grand Prairie, TX to provide emergency fire damage restoration services for homes and buildings and need emergency services. Our technicians are licensed and experienced to respond immediately, start the restoration process, and provide the peace of mind you need to get back on track.
Smoke Damage Restoration
When it comes to restoring your building structure, ServiceMaster of North Texas has undergone and continues to attend ongoing training sessions in order to remain updated in the latest restoration news and trends. This also allows us to restore residential and commercial buildings of all types, such as the following listed below:
- Office buildings
- Schools and universities
- Retail and corner stores
- Gas stations
- And more
Our professionals also use eco-friendly cleaning products when removing soot and smoke, restoring the building materials while minimizing our ecological footprint. Additional services we provide include contents restoration and pack outs, board up and tarping, and temporary power and climate control services.
Fire Damage Cleanup Process
Our process consists of the following steps:
- Emergency response
- Board ups and tarping
- Structural repairs and reconstruction
- Soot and smoke removal
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
- Content cleaning and pack outs
- Odor removal
- Assistance with insurance claim
What to Do After a Fire:
For professional fire damage restoration in the Grand Prairie, TX area, call ServiceMaster of North Texas at (972) 362-0999.
Fire Mitigation – What to Do:
- Call ServiceMaster of North Texas right away for fire damage cleanup services
- Wipe off all Formica, aluminum, and chrome surfaces containing soot
- Wipe off plant leaves containing soot
- Throw away all food in the refrigerator and food that was exposed during the fire
Smoke Mitigation – What NOT to Do:
- Do not clean any of the damaged surfaces yourself
- Do not enter the property until cleared by a firefighter
- Do not throw anything away until all evidence has been gathered by your insurance adjuster
- Do not touch any of the damaged surfaces without gloves
Soot and Smoke Removal
While flames are indeed destructive, the corrosive soot and smoke byproducts account for the majority of the damage. This is because they can spread throughout the property, covering all remaining surfaces that weren’t originally affected in the fire. But the damage caused by these byproducts can cause permanent destruction without immediate attention.
Call ServiceMaster of North Texas at (972) 362-0999 for emergency fire damage restoration services in Grand Prairie, TX.