When it comes to home invaders, mold is one of the worst because it can cause serious damage to your home or building and threaten your health. It is also possible for mold to cause these issues while growing undetected in a hidden area. Mold growth forms when there is a moisture and food source available and it can cause deep structural damage to the affected surfaces that will become permanent without immediate remediation. Holding off mold removal will also increase the risk of related health issues, such as allergies and infections.
ServiceMaster Restoration of Tri-Cities provides mold remediation services in Grand Island, NE that includes mold testing and complete removal. Our technicians will prevent the mold from spreading by isolating the contaminated area and remove all mold growth with our advanced remediation methods.
Structural Damage Caused by the Mold
When water damage occurs, mold growth is usually soon to follow. In fact, mold has been shown to appear in homes just 48 hours after water damage or an increase in moisture. The most common food source for mold colonies is cellulose which is an organic substance in wood, drywall, insulation, and other building materials. Mold colonies literally eat away at the affected surfaces, leading to severe structural damage that may even affect the structural integrity of the home.
If given enough time, the damaged surfaces will become unsalvageable and need to be replaced. Hesitation to deal with a mold issue will also lead to long term exposure which can cause allergic reactions like coughing, nasal congestion, skin irritation, and sore throat as well as respiratory infections and asthma.
Our technicians at ServiceMaster Restoration of Tri-Cities start by testing the home or building with our infrared technology to find all mold growth. Once we discover the extent of the mold, we clean up the contaminated areas with chemical cleaning products and either repair or replace the affected materials.
Mold Damage Cleanup Tips
Finding Mold on Your Property – What to Do:
- Call ServiceMaster of Lancaster County right away for professional mold removal and to relieve allergic reactions.
- Wipe down any wet surfaces that do not contain any mold.
- Inspect the HVAC system for any mold.
- Wear protective equipment, including a breathing mask, eye wear, and gloves whenever present around mold.
- Turn on the A/C unit or overhead fan to increase air flow throughout the property.
- Use a dehumidifier if you have one.
What NOT to Do Before Mold Remediation:
- Do not place a fan directly in front of the mold.
- Do not paint or caulk over any moldy surfaces.
- Do not use any home remedies to clean the mold yourself. Doing so will cause it to spread further.
- Do not touch any moldy surfaces.
You can expect the following from our mold remediation services:
- Thorough evaluation of the home or building including testing to uncover the extent of the mold growth.
- Report of the evaluation is provided for your insurance carrier.
- Isolation of the contaminated area to prevent the spread of the mold growth.
- Complete removal of all mold growth using advanced testing and chemical cleaners.
- Restoration or replacement of the damaged surfaces.
The effects of mold will only become worse the longer it is left to grow and spread within a home or building. It is very important to react at the first sight of mold to prevent serious property damage and health issues.
Our technicians at ServiceMaster Restoration of Tri-Cities are prepared to provide complete mold remediation services for homes and commercial buildings in Grand Island, NE and the Tri-City area. You can reach us at (308) 888-4469 to respond to your mold problem.
Related Mold Damage Repair Tips