Fires can be very dangerous disasters and the fact that they often occur without any real warning makes them even more devastating. The flames can sweep through your home quickly damaging the structural elements and furnishings of the building and even after the flames are extinguished, soot and corrosive byproducts can continue to cause damage. ServiceMaster by T.A. Russell provides fire and smoke damage restoration services in Glendale, CA. We can help restore homes and buildings that have been damaged by a fire.
Reliable Fire Damage Restoration Services
The corrosive byproducts that result from the burning of synthetic materials can cause further damage after the fire is out and the soot can also continue to spread damage by settling and causing permanent etching. Without immediate restoration services, this damage can easily become permanent. Our technicians have the proper training to clean up and repair damage caused by fire and we use the most advanced cleaning equipment and products of the industry. The cleaning products we use can effectively remove soot from at-risk household surfaces including brass, aluminum, chrome, tile, marble, carpeting, and upholstery. The fire and smoke damage restoration services we provide include these 5 steps:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
Commercial Fire Damage Restoration for Glendale, CA
While fires are disruptive to the daily life of a home, they can be even more disruptive to daily business activities if they occur in a commercial building. The technicians of ServiceMaster by T.A. Russell understand the need to get your business back to normal as soon as possible and we provide fire damage restoration services for offices and commercial buildings. We will work quickly to repair or restore the damage caused by the fire so that you can resume your normal business activities.
What to Do After a Fire
- Call ServiceMaster by T.A. Russell immediately for fire and smoke damage restoration before the damage becomes permanent.
- If the temperature is above 60 degrees, you can open up the doors and windows to air out your home.
- You can clean Formica, aluminum, porcelain, and chrome surfaces to prevent permanent etching.
- Change the air filter on your furnace if it uses forced hot air.
- You can filter soot from the air of your home by taping damp cheesecloths over the return and supply registers.
- Discard open food containers.
- If the power is turned off, clean out your refrigerator and leave the door open to dry.
- Save clothing with smoke damage for our restoration dry cleaning services.
What NOT to Do in Case of Fire
- Do not touch any damaged surfaces with your hand because hand oils can penetrate upholstery, walls, and woodwork.
- Do not try to wash soot from the walls because you can make the residue worse with improper cleaning methods.
- Do not try to clean your carpet or upholstery.
- Do not use electrical appliances that have not been inspected and approved for use.
- Do not use a ceiling fixture that is on a wet ceiling.
Fires cause a significant amount of damage and if the right actions are not taken in the immediate aftermath of a fire, the damage can spread and become irreversible. ServiceMaster by T.A. Russell provides fire damage restoration services for homes and businesses in Glendale, CA to mitigate and restore the damage. You can call us 24 hours a day at (626) 386-8834 for an emergency response or a free estimate.