Water Damage Related Info
Even in Garland, TX, property owners are at risk of sustaining significant water damage as a result of frozen pipes. This occurs when the water within pipes expands as it turns into ice, bursts the pipes, and allows potentially hundreds of gallons of water to escape.
The resulting damage can range from discolored furnishings and structural elements to actual structural damage and destroyed belongings. At ServiceMaster of North Texas, we respond within hours of your call with emergency frozen pipe water damage cleanup services to restore your property.
Preventing Frozen Pipes
In a perfect world, you would never need to contact us in the first place. If you follow these proactive measures, you may be able to do just that:
- Encourage a steady flow of water during cold spells by allowing water to drip out of faucets
- Warm up pipes below sinks by opening cabinet doors
- Wrap poorly insulated pipes in electrical tape or pipe insulation
- Keep commonly cool areas that house pipes (such as attics and basements) warm with space heaters
- If possible, turn off your outdoor water supply, and store your watering hose in a warm environment
Locating Frozen Pipes and Preventing Ruptures
In situations where you were not able to adequately prepare, or your proactive measures simply did not quite do the trick, you can still prevent freezing pipes from rupturing:
- Keep an eye out for faucets with low water pressure
- Follow the pipes feeding affected faucets, and look for frost, ice, bulges, or fissures
- Turn up your heat, use an infrared lamp, or apply heat directly with a hair dryer when you find the specific location of the problem (never use heat with an open flame)
- If need be, you can remove drywall in order to heat freezing pipes, repair them, or add insulation
Burst Pipe Water Damage Restoration
At ServiceMaster of North Texas, we do everything we can to help homeowners and business owners in Garland, TX, prepare for the winter months. Sometimes, though, worst case scenarios simply cannot be prevented. When this occurs, we respond rapidly with a highly trained team of technicians properly suited to repair your pipes, and restore affected areas and belongings.
We draw from our years of experience providing water damage restoration services, as well as general construction services, to return your property and belongings back to their original condition. Obviously, we may not be able to salvage every item, but we certainly give them the best odds with our emergency response capabilities and proven restoration methodologies.
If you are in need of water damage restoration services because of damage caused by frozen pipes, simply contact our ServiceMaster of North Texas representatives at (972) 362-0999. We are available 24 hours a day, and proudly service property owners in the Garland, TX, community.