While biohazards are among the most gruesome and disturbing substances, immediate action must be taken when finding them on your property. But it is crucial that you avoid contact with him as they are filled with harmful bacteria and pathogens that can cause severe illnesses. Never try to remove them yourself, but rather, call an emergency cleanup service to remove them professionally.
ServiceMaster by Crossroads provides emergency biohazard and trauma cleanup services in the Fishers, IN area. Our technicians are licensed, trained, and experienced to handle biohazard cleanup projects of all sizes for both commercial and residential properties. We will remove all biohazardous materials while disinfecting, deodorizing, and restoring the scene to its original condition.
Property Damages Caused by Biohazards and the Cleanup Process
Especially if the trauma scene is that of a loved one, the experience can be emotionally scarring. But it is imperative that you do not touch or try to clean the area yourself. Because biohazards are filled with dangerous bacteria, it is best to allow a team of professionals to handle the cleanup job.
When removing blood, tissue, and other bodily fluids, the technicians of ServiceMaster by Crossroads use personal protection equipment (PPE) to avoid direct contact with the harmful substances. As soon as we arrive, they will immediately begin working to remove the biohazards, followed by disinfecting the scene to restore a clean environment. We will also work with law enforcement, if involved, as to not disturb any evidence before it is examined.
You can expect all of the following procedures within our biohazard cleanup services:
- Removal of All Biohazards: ServiceMaster by Crossroads will arrive to your property within 2 hours of your first call to remove all harmful substances, placing them into medical waste containers.
- Family Assistance and Support: As our technicians are experienced in trauma and crime scene cleaning, they will work with compassion and respect throughout the process. We can also provide the contact information of local family support counselors to help you and your family through this traumatic time.
- Decontamination: We will apply powerful but safe cleaners to disinfect the scene, restoring all building materials to their original condition.
- Deodorization: We will remove all lingering odors to ensure that all traces of the biohazards are gone.
- Proper Disposal: After restoring the scene, we will transport the hazardous materials to a licensed medical waste facility for proper disposal.
While finding a trauma scene filled with biohazards can be gruesome and disturbing, it is crucial to avoid all contact with the substances as they are covered in harmful bacteria. Don’t hesitate to call 911, if it is a crime scene, as well as professional cleanup services to restore a safe and clean environment.
ServiceMaster by Crossroads is available 24/7 at (317)215-5199 to provide biohazard and trauma cleanup services in the Fishers, IN area. We work with family support counselors, insurance companies, and law enforcement.