Discovering a severe injury or death on your property can be overwhelming, especially if you recognize them. On the other hand, nothing is more important than protecting your safety; therefore, maintaining a safe distance away from the biohazardous materials is crucial. Covered in bacteria and pathogens, it is best to allow the cleanup job to be handled by professionals.
ServiceMaster by Metzler is available 24/7 in the Elk Grove Village, IL area to provide emergency biohazard and trauma scene cleanup services. Our technicians are both trained and experienced to use commercial cleaning products to restore the affected area of the property to its original condition. They will also work with your insurance company as well as law enforcement, if involved, to not disturb the investigation.
What to Do When Discovering a Trauma Scene
Upon encountering a trauma scene gruesomely filled with biohazards and blood, the sight can be scarring, not to mention the emotional and mental trauma. On the other hand, it is crucial to avoid contact with these materials. The first step is to call law enforcement to start the investigation right away, followed by your insurance company to ensure that the cleanup job can be covered under a claim.
They will then direct you to call a biohazard cleanup company. Upon calling our professionals, we will respond right away with all products and equipment needed to clean and decontaminate the affected area. Using professional cleaning agents to remove pathogens and kill harmful bacteria, our technicians will ensure that all stains are removed. In the situation of a crime scene, we will work with law enforcement to not disturb any uninvestigated evidence.
Our trauma scene cleanup services cover all of the following:
- Licensed and Experienced: In addition to their training, our technicians are familiar with all government laws, ensuring to restore the affected area to a condition that exceeds their regulations.
- Removal and Proper Disposal of Biohazards: As soon as we arrive, our technicians will remove all biohazards, including blood, bodily fluids, and harmful pathogens. They will be placed into approved containers where they will be transported to a medical facility for proper disposal.
- Decontamination: The entire affected area will be cleaned and sanitized to kill all harmful bacteria as well as remove all tough stains.
- Odor Removal: Any lingering odors will be removed using powerful hydroxyl technology to eliminate the particles from within.
- Working with insurance: After the cleanup job is complete, our technicians will work with your insurance company during the claims process to provide additional peace of mind.
- Family Assistance and Support: If you have recently lost a loved one, ServiceMaster by Metzler can provide referrals to recommended family counselors. We will also work with compassion and respect towards grieving families.
Our biohazard, trauma, and crime scene cleanup may be needed for any of the following situations:
- Car accidents
- Unexpected deaths
- Violent homicides and crimes
- Major injuries and accidents
While we certainly don’t expect to find an area full of biohazards, let alone it being on our property. But the unfortunate reality is that it does happen and it can be traumatic for the affected family and loved ones. But it is extremely crucial that you do not try to clean the area yourself as the biohazards are full of bacteria and harmful pathogens. Leave this job to the professionals.
ServiceMaster by Metzler is available 24/7 at (847) 380-7888 in the Elk Grove Village, IL area to provide emergency biohazard and trauma cleanup services. We work with law enforcement and insurance companies.