Water damage often occurs as a result of floods or excessive moisture within a building and if the damage is not treated right away, it could become permanent. ServiceMaster Professional Services provides water damage restoration and flood cleanup services for homes and businesses in Eden Prairie, MN that have been damaged by excessive water. Water damage cleanup is an emergency service and we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for a quick response. Make sure to contact us immediately after sustaining water damage to help keep the damage contained and limit losses which can save costs on insurance claims.
The technicians of ServiceMaster Professional Services are dedicated to providing the best water and flood damage cleanup services to restore your property which is why we use only the most advanced cleaning products, procedures, and equipment of the industry.
What to do after water damage
Once you discover water damage on your property, you should immediately contact ServiceMaster Professional Services for water damage restoration. After the call has been placed, you can start the process with the following actions:
- Remove standing water by mopping or blot drying the area.
- Remove area rugs and floor coverings that have been soaked.
- Put drapery bottoms through a coat hanger and put the hanger on the drapery rod to keep the drapes off the floor.
- Wipe down wet furniture, prop up the cushions to dry, and put aluminum foil under the legs of the furniture.
- Remove paintings and photos and put them in a safer, dry location.
- Open up all doors, drawers, and closet doors for better drying.
What NOT to do after water damage
- Do not walk into a room with standing water if the power is still on.
- Do not try to clean up water with a household vacuum cleaner.
- Do not remove permanent carpeting without the help of a professional.
- Do not use electrical appliances while standing on a wet floor.
- Do not try to clean up mold or mildew growth.
- Do not remove wet books from their shelf; keep them packed tightly together to avoid warping the pages.
Our water damage cleanup process includes:
- Inspection and assessment
- Water removal
- Anti-microbial application
- Drying: Air movement
- Drying: Dehumidifying
- Drying: Monitoring
Make sure to contact ServiceMaster Professional Services at 888-583-5345 immediately after discovering flood or water damage in your home or business in Eden Prairie, MN. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond to water damage cleanup emergencies.