Fires normally occur without warning and the cause and size of the fire largely determines the extent of the damage as well as what actions should be taken with the restoration. It is important to begin the restoration process without hesitation after a fire because corrosive byproducts and soot left behind can cause the damage to keep spreading. ServiceMaster by Disaster Recon provides fire and smoke damage restoration services to help repair and restore homes and businesses that have been damaged by a fire in Eastlake and Willoughby, OH. We have the right equipment to restore fire and smoke damage and these services also include written estimates.
Solutions for Fire and Smoke Damage
The fire damage restoration process is multi-faceted because fires can cause different types of damage and it must begin immediately to avoid more widespread or permanent damage in the building. Our technicians provide effective solutions for the most common types of damage caused by fires:
- Fire Damage: Fire damage is the damage caused by the flames or the direct heat from the fire and it typically causes charring on the surfaces it touches. Other objects may melt from the fire while it causes paint and wallpaper to peel. Fire damage can continue to spread after the fire is put out because of the corrosive byproducts left in the aftermath.
- Smoke Damage: Smoke damage can go beyond the area that came into contact with the flames as the heat from the fire opens up pores in the building materials, allowing the smoke to spread. The toxic nature and corrosiveness of smoke makes it dangerous and destructive and it can also leave a bad odor in your home.
- Water Damage: The amount of water used by fire fighters to put out the flames can cause water damage in the aftermath. The longer it takes to begin the restoration, the more time the water has to soak into drywall and insulation to ruin the building materials and electronics.
- Mold and Rot Damage: The leftover water from the fire houses can also cause rotting or mold growth.
Fire Damage Restoration Process
The technicians of ServiceMaster by Disaster Recon can handle the repair and restoration of the different types of damage often caused by fires using the best cleaning products and equipment of the industry such as Omegasonics content cleaning systems, air scrubbers, and hydroxyl generators. We start by inspecting the extent of the damage and then create a restoration plan to help mitigate and restore the damage. You can expect the following from our fire and smoke damage restoration services:
- Fast response to your call
- Complete evaluation of the damage that includes inspecting for water or mold damage
- Removal of mold and mildew growth with anti-microbial applications and we can also use green cleaning products
- Full content cleaning and pack-out services to clean and decontaminate your personal belongings if necessary
- Air duct cleaning as needed
- Thermal fogging for odor removal
- Cleaning of all damaged surfaces including ceilings, walls, fixtures, floor coverings, and others
- Sanitization and odor removal using ozone machines
- Reconstruction services to repair surfaces and structures that have been damaged
- Assistance filing insurance claims with local insurance companies
- Final inspection to make sure you are satisfied with our work
Fires can strike very quickly and if a fire causes damage to your home or building in Eastlake or Willoughby, OH, it is important to react immediately to contain the damage. ServiceMaster by Disaster Recon provides fire and smoke damage restoration services to mitigate and restore the damage sustained by homes and buildings in a fire. We can be reached 24 hours a day at (440) 799-6661 to respond to fire damage emergencies in Eastlake and Willoughby, OH.