Floods can occur suddenly due to excessive rain or even melting snow and if the water is not removed, it could result in permanent damage. ServiceMaster Professional Services provides flood damage repair to homes and businesses in Eagan, MN and the surrounding areas including Apple Valley, and Shakopee. Water damage restoration is an emergency service and our technicians are on call 24 hours a day to respond to all flood repair needs. It is important to call for water damage repair as soon as a flood occurs to help limit the damage and save money on insurance claims.
Our staff at ServiceMaster Professional Services is highly trained and uses the most advanced cleaning products, procedures, and equipment for effective water damage repair and restoration services.
What to do after water damage
If a flood should occur in your home or business, call ServiceMaster Professional Services immediately to begin the water damage restoration process. After placing the call, perform the following actions before our technicians arrive:
- Mop or blot dry to soak up excess water.
- Wet area rugs and floor coverings should be removed.
- Keep draperies off the floor by putting the bottoms through a coat hanger and putting the hanger on the drapery rod.
- Wipe down wet furniture and prop up the cushions, put aluminum foil under furniture legs.
- Remove photos and paintings and store them somewhere safe.
- Keep all drawers, doors, and closet and cabinet doors open to help the drying process.
What NOT to do after water damage
- Do not enter a flooded room while the power is on.
- Do not try to remove water with a regular vacuum cleaner.
- Do not remove permanent carpeting without the help of a professional.
- Do not use electrical appliances while standing on a wet floor.
- Do not clean up visible mold growth.
- Do not take wet books of their shelves; instead pack them together tightly to keep the pages from warping until they can be properly treated.
Our water damage restoration process includes:
- Inspection and assessment
- Water removal
- Anti-microbial application
- Drying: Air movement
- Drying: Dehumidifying
- Drying: Monitoring
If you have experienced flooding or water damage in your home or business in Eagan, MN, do not hesitate to contact ServiceMaster Professional Services at 888-583-5345 for water damage and flood repair services. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for quick response to flood repair emergencies in the Eagan, Apple Valley, and Shakopee, MN area.