In addition to causing severe allergy and respiratory problems, mold can have a disastrous effect on your home. While the most common cause of mold growth is untreated water damage, it has the ability to start small and grow quickly. This will ultimately make treatment imperative towards preventing additional costs and time in repairs in the future.
ServiceMaster by Metzler provides professional mold remediation services in Chicago, IL to thoroughly identify and remove all cases of mold within the home or building. They will also remove the mold and mildew at their source to ensure it does not grow back in the future.
Dealing with Mold Growth
When mold develops, it thrives off of two sources: moisture and organic building materials, such as wood or drywall. As it grows, it will disperse its spores throughout the rest of the property, affecting other areas as well. It can also cause severe health effects as the spores can become inhaled. Common symptoms can include sneezing, coughing, watery eyes, itchy eyes, and inflammation of the nasal cavity.
While you may not notice the mold at first, it thrives off of dark, hidden areas, such as the crawlspace, attic, and behind the walls. If you experience any of the symptoms mentioned previously, call ServiceMaster by Metzler right away for mold removal.
Removing Mold – Check Out Our Video
Be aware that mold can cause one or more of the following situations:
- Grow in hidden areas, such as behind the walls
- Develop strong, foul odors
- Cause negative health effects, especially to those with allergies or asthma
- Cause permanent and/or additional damage to your building materials
Mold Restoration – What to Do
- Call ServiceMaster by Metzler right away for professional and efficient mold remediation services
- Allow for proper air circulation throughout the home such as opening all windows and doors, as long as outside weather conditions are permissible
- Limit the humidity levels by running the A/C unit and/or dehumidifier
- Inspect the HVAC system of your home
- Dry off any walls or other building materials that are not moldy but contain condensation
- Always wear protection equipment, such as goggles, mask, and gloves, when you are around the mold
Discovering Mold – What NOT to Do
- Do not disturb any visible mold
- Do not try to clean any of the mold yourself as it can not only cause the mold to retreat further within the affected surface but disperse its spores and cause negative health effects
- Do not place any fans directly in front of the mold
- Do not paint or caulk over the mold
- Do not touch the mold with your hands
Professional Mold Remediation
Because mold requires specific products in order to be completely removed, it should always be removed by the professionals. At ServiceMaster by Metzler, our technicians have years of experience in effectively removing all cases of mold. They will identify all areas where growth is occurring, eliminate it, and identify additional areas that are at risk. Servicing both commercial and residential properties, we use advanced cleaning products to clean the mold in addition to restoring any building materials that have been damaged. We will also work with insurance to make the claims process run smoother for you.
Mold growth doesn’t only just affect the building materials of your home, everyone residing in the property is at risk for negative health effects. As the mold will disperse its spores into the air, they can travel through the ventilation system and become inhaled, causing coughing, sneezing, or other allergy symptoms to occur. When this happens, be sure to call the mold removal professionals right away.
ServiceMaster by Metzler is available at (224) 585-0580 for professional mold remediation services in the Chicago, IL area.