Fires can cause massive amounts of damage to a building in a very short period of time and if the damage from the fire is not treated properly after the flames are put out, it can become permanent. ServiceMaster Professional Services provides fire damage and smoke cleanup services to restore homes and businesses that have been damaged by fire in Burnsville, MN. These services will help salvage furnishings and personal belongings by repairing damage caused by smoke and fire.
The technicians of ServiceMaster Professional Services have received a high level of training to provide effective fire damage restoration services and they possess an understanding of chemical combinations that can eliminate soot and smoke damage from at-risk surfaces that include chrome, brass, aluminum, tile, porcelain, marble, and fabrics such as furniture and upholstery.
What to do after smoke and fire damage
- Immediately call ServiceMaster Professional Services for fire damage repair and smoke cleanup to prevent corrosive byproducts from causing permanent damage.
- In temperatures above 60 degrees, open up your home to air it out.
- Prevent permanent damage to Formica, chrome, aluminum, and porcelain surfaces by cleaning them.
- Change the air filter of your furnace if it uses forced hot air.
- Tape a damp cheesecloth over each return and supply register to filter loose soot from the air.
- Throw away open food packages.
- Give the refrigerator a thorough cleaning if the power goes it.
- Save your smoke damaged clothing for our restoration dry cleaning services.
What NOT to do after smoke and fire damage
- Do not touch walls, woodwork, or upholstery that has sustained smoke or soot damage because oils from your hand can worsen the damage.
- Do not wash walls with soot damage because washing them improperly will compound the soot residue.
- Do not clean carpets or upholstery without professional help.
- Do not use electrical appliances that have not been inspected.
- Do not use wet ceiling fixtures.
Our staff uses the most advanced cleaning products and state-of-the-art equipment available to ensure that our smoke and fire damage cleanup services are effective. Our five-step fire damage restoration process includes:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
If your home or business in Burnsville, MN has suffered damage due to a fire, contact ServiceMaster Professional Services at 888-583-5345 for fire damage and smoke cleanup services. We are standing by to respond to fire damage emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.