Excessive moisture or flooding can cause water damage in a short period of time and ServiceMaster Professional Services is ready to respond quickly to water damage restoration and flood cleanup emergencies in Bloomington, MN and the surrounding communities. Water damage is a serious situation which is why we can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond. It is important to begin water damage cleanup immediately because the damage claims will continue to increase and cost you more money the longer the problem is ignored.
At ServiceMaster Professional Services, our technicians use the most advanced products, procedures, and equipment in the industry to provide high quality water damage cleanup services and keep your property and furnishings protected in the process.
What to do after water damage in Bloomington, MN
Water damage can cause huge losses if the problem is not dealt with quickly so the first step is to contact ServiceMaster Professional Services for water damage cleanup. As you wait for us to respond, performing these actions could give you a head start on the process:
- Remove excess water by mopping or blot drying the area.
- Remove wet area rugs and floor coverings.
- Prop draperies to the rod with a coat hanger to keep them off the floor.
- Wipe off wet furniture, prop up the cushions for even drying, and put aluminum foil under the legs of the furniture.
- Move photos and paintings somewhere safe and dry.
- Open all drawers, doors, and cabinet doors to help with drying.
What NOT to do after water damage
- Do not enter a flooded room until the electricity is turned off.
- Do not remove water with a vacuum cleaner.
- Do not remove permanent carpeting without professional assistance.
- Do not use electrical appliances while standing on wet flooring.
- Do not disturb mold growth.
- Do not remove wet books from the shelves, they should be packed together tightly to keep the pages from warping.
Our water damage cleanup process includes:
- Inspection and assessment
- Water removal
- Anti-microbial application
- Drying: Air movement
- Drying: Dehumidifying
- Drying: Monitoring
If your home or business in Bloomington, MN has been damaged by flooding or excessive moisture, contact ServiceMaster Professional Services at 888-583-5345 for water damage and flood cleanup. We are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide emergency water damage restoration services.