A fire can be very devastating to a home, causing significant damage and even creating hazardous conditions after the flames have been extinguished. It is important to contact ServiceMaster Professional Services immediately after a fire for smoke cleanup and fire damage restoration services. We have the experience to provide smoke and fire damage cleanup services to homes and businesses in the Mandan and Bismarck, ND area to help limit losses.
Our highly trained staff has an expert knowledge of chemical combinations that can best remove soot and smoke residue for effective smoke cleanup and fire damage restoration services. With this expertise, we can safely remove soot from at risk surfaces such as brass, chrome, aluminum, marble, porcelain, and tile as well as carpets and upholstery.
What to do after smoke and fire damage
- Call for smoke and fire damage cleanup immediately as corrosive byproducts can cause irreversible damage in just 72 hours.
- Air out your house to reduce smoke odor if the temperature is over 60 degrees.
- Prevent permanent tarnishing by cleaning Formica, chrome, porcelain, and aluminum fixtures.
- Change the air filter on the furnace if it uses forced hot air.
- Tape a damp cheesecloth over each return and supply register to filter soot from the air.
- Dispose of food containers that are open.
- Thoroughly clean out the refrigerator if the power is off.
- Submit smoke damaged clothing to our restoration dry cleaner.
What NOT to do after smoke and fire damage
- Do not touch walls, woodwork, or upholstery because your hand oils can cause additional damage.
- Do not wash soot residue from the walls, improper methods will only make it worse.
- Do not clean your carpets or upholstery.
- Do not use electrical appliances that have not been checked.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures on a wet ceiling.
Our technicians use the most advanced cleaning products and equipment of the industry to provide high quality fire damage restoration and smoke cleanup services. Our five-step fire damage cleanup process includes:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
If a fire should strike your home or business in the Mandan and Bismarck, ND area, immediately contact ServiceMaster Professional Services for smoke cleanup and fire damage restoration services. Immediate action is the key to effective fire damage restoration services because burnt synthetic material creates complex chemical reactions even after the fire is put out which could lead to permanent damage. Call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (701)354-7456 for smoke and fire damage cleanup services.