Mold Related Info
Mold is a common home invader that can cause a range of problems from property damage to health issues and if you find mold in your home or business, it is best to have a professional determine if it is harmful and the best ways to remove it. Experience is vital for successful mold removal as improper cleaning techniques could cause it to spread. ServiceMaster NCR provides mold remediation services to test for and remove mold growth from homes and businesses in Alexandria, VA. Our mold remediation specialists have all completed advanced training and are experienced in the handling of water mitigation and mold remediation.
ServiceMaster – Mold Remediation Alexandria, VA
The main cause of mold growth in a home or building is excess moisture or humidity because mold spores require moisture to grow and once mold starts growing, its spores can spread the growth throughout the building. It is important to address mold growth problems quickly because mold can eventually destroy the surfaces it grows on and exposure to mold can lead to a variety of health issues such as allergies and respiratory infections. Our technicians use the best cleaning equipment and personal protective equipment (PPE) to keep themselves protected and prevent the mold from spreading beyond the affected area. Our mold remediation services include:
- Assessment of the mold contamination
- Environmental engineering controls
- Restorative drying
- Microbial remediation
- Pack-out and storage
Trifect Mold Remediation and InstaScope Testing
Typical mold remediation services are very intrusive and expensive as they normally involve the removal of drywall to find hidden mold growth. These methods not only make a mess of your home, they also can get quite expensive. ServiceMaster NCR provides much more cost effective and less invasive mold remediation services using the InstaScope testing system and Trifect mold remediation method.
Our mold remediation services begin with complete testing to locate all mold growth using the InstaScope testing system. We first measure the level of mold in the air outside the home or building to use as a baseline measurement, and then we test every room of the home or building to determine which areas are affected. After completing the testing, we treat the contaminated areas with the Trifect mold remediation method. This is an innovative new method of mold remediation that can be done without removing any drywall and it is over 50 percent more cost effective than traditional methods. The Trifect mold remediation method is done in the following 3 steps:
- Surface application: We treat affected surfaces with a proprietary topical solution to remove mold growth.
- MAG 50: We eliminate all mold growth including hidden mold with submicron aerosol decontamination.
- InstaScope verification: After the mold is removed, we retest the air with the InstaScope testing system to ensure that the airborne levels are back to normal.
Why ServiceMaster NCR for Mold Remediation
- Equipped for any size mold contamination: Mold can appear in hidden areas and spread quickly throughout your home before you notice a problem. Our technicians at ServiceMaster NCR have the training, experience, and advanced equipment to effectively remove mold regardless of the size of the contamination. We also isolate the contamination so that the mold will not spread to unaffected areas.
- Advanced mold remediation technology: The Instascope testing system and Trifect mold remediation method are innovative methods that utilize new technology to test for and locate mold without removing drywall or tearing apart your home. These methods are not only more effective than traditional methods, but they can cost 50 percent less than traditional methods and leave your home intact.
Mold Damage Tips
Mold will not form without a source of moisture. This makes it very important to not only clean up excess water and moisture, but also to stop the source of the moisture so the problem will not persist and lead to mold growth in the future. Make sure you clean affected surfaces with water and detergent and dry the area completely so there is no moisture left behind.
The health problems associated with mold exposure are well documented. Those in homes affected by mold or excess moisture may experience allergic reactions such as skin irritation, eye irritation, wheezing, and nasal congestion as well as more serious effects such as fever, trouble breathing, or respiratory infections. According to the World Health Organization, water damaged buildings (WDBs) may contain many contaminants in the indoor air including bacteria, fungi, mycobacteria, actinomycetes, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and many other harmful toxins and inflammagens.
Mold remediation is a dangerous job because of the possible health effects, making it important to hire a trained professional like ServiceMaster NCR to handle the job. Our professionals are highly trained and fully equipped to handle complete water extraction and mold remediation safely and effectively. Make sure you contact us as soon as you find mold in your home or business in Alexandria, VA.
If you find mold growing in your home or building or suspect that you may have a hidden mold problem, contact ServiceMaster NCR for mold testing and remediation services in Alexandria, VA. Our technicians have the highest level of training to test your home or building for mold and effectively remove the mold growth and repair the damage it caused. We can be reached anytime 24 hours a day at (703) 596-3171 for mold remediation services in Alexandria, VA.
We also provide mold remediation services for: