The Importance of Move In/ Move Out Cleaning
Moving represents a major turning point in your family’s lives but it can also bring stress, upheaval and major interruptions to your routines. The last thing you want to worry about, on top of everything else, is move in or move out cleaning.
When you move, there are two sets of cleaning tasks to consider: those at your old hose and those at your new residence. A professional cleaning team can handle both, and get them done faster and more effectively than you could do them yourself.
At the Old House:
Once you’ve loaded the truck and moved everything out of your old house, you’ll be shocked at how much of a mess is left. Your cleaning crew will take care of it while you’re on your way to your new home. Be sure to ask about these services:
- Carpet Cleaning: If you haven’t sold your old house yet, cleaning the carpets may be the single most important thing you can do to ensure that your property is as attractive to buyers as possible.
- Windows: Dirty windows obstruct light, making your house seem darker and dingier than it really is. Have the windows, sills, and tracks professionally cleaned.
- Whole House Cleaning: Even if your house has already sold, your realtor (and the new homeowners) will appreciate it if you leave the property in move-in condition.
At Your New Home:
The last thing you want to see when you walk into your new home is someone else’s dirt. Have a cleaning team come in before you arrive to clean and inspect the essential systems in the house so it’s ready the moment you arrive. If the house isn’t in move-in condition, consider arranging for the same services at the new house that are essential at the old one. There are a few important services you’ll want to include at the new house as well:
- Debris Removal: If you’ve had any work done on the new house, such as painting or remodeling, there may be construction debris left over. The contractor should clean up their mess, but there may be dirt, dust, or small bits of trash that they’ve missed. A professional cleaning crew will look for these things and remove them.
- Air Duct Inspection and Cleaning: The heating and air conditioning systems in your home keep you comfortable but they can also years’ of dust, pet dander, and other contaminants. Have them cleaned before you move in, especially if you or someone in your family suffers from allergies, asthma, or respiratory problems.
Having a cleaning crew take care of the inevitable mess should make your move easier and less stressful. Be sure to hire a reputable, experienced professional such as ServiceMaster Fire, Water and Mold Restoration to ensure that everything goes as smoothly as it should.