Kitchen Space Saving Ideas
Space saving can be a huge issue in any room in your home. Kitchens can be the trickiest, especially if they are small in size. If you are having trouble rearranging and organizing your kitchen learn about some kitchen space saving tips below to lead a clutter free life.
First thing to remember is to keep your counter clutter free. This will help during cooking providing more space as well as giving the illusion your kitchen is larger.
Kitchen Space Saving Tips
- Vases and jars can be cumbersome to store. Generally you only need one vase at a time while most others are being stored. Use those vases and jars to store kitchen utensils, coins or dried pasta. Even if the vases are mismatched it will give your countertops life and a bit of uniqueness.
- Kitchen cleaning supplies and liquids can be a hassle to store as well. Most often people store these items under kitchen sinks, which are cluttered with pipes and your garbage disposal. Placing a generic shower rod across the cabinet will allow you to hang all your spray bottles. This will leave room for larger bottles to be placed on the floor of your cabinet.
- Knives and kitchen scissors can be kept in drawers but can also be displayed. By installing a magnetic strip on a kitchen wall, this will allow you to hang your knives and scissors while making them easy to find. Keep in mind to hang them in a safe space, especially if there are children in the home. Follow up with the
California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection for additional kitchen safety tips for you and your family.
- Coffee mugs can be tricky to store as well. Not easily stacked, mugs take up much cabinet space. Try purchasing removable hooks that can be placed over sinks or under cabinetry. This will allow you to hang your mugs, save you space and remove them without damaging your walls.
- If you are remodeling at any point, think about wall mounted sink faucets. This is a great way to save on counter space and achieve a modern look.
- Many kitchens have space above the cabinetry. This no longer should house dusty plastic ferns. Find platters, vases or photographs that can be added. This will brighten your kitchen and free up storage space.
- Cutting boards are great accessories to any kitchen. Quality wood cutting boards can be left on counter tops everyday. This gives you easy access to them while giving character to your kitchen. Keep in mind you can also place those boards across sinks to provide more counter space while cooking.
These simple kitchen space saving ideas can turn any kitchen, small or large into the efficient one you always dreamed of. Space saving is important for any size room and will help you stay clean and organized in the long run.
Keep in mind if you are in need of restoration or kitchen remodeling, find a local restoration company in your area.