City Information and Local Cleaning / Restoration Guide to Los Angeles, California
Los Angeles CA, or L.A., is a west coast city with a large metropolitan area that is among the most populated in the world and the second most populated in the United States behind New York. L.A. is one of the most ethnically diverse cities in the U.S. and it is a cultural cornerstone with entertainment, media, and fashion among its main institutions. Its location on the Pacific coast also makes it an important center for international trade as the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach make trading within the Pacific Rim possible.
Orange County is also included in the Los Angeles metropolitan area which has a lively economy and tourist attractions of its own. It is the sixth most populous county in the United States and includes the cities of Anaheim, Santa Ana, Irvine, and Huntington Beach. Many tourists come to Orange County for its beaches and attractions such as Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm. The economy in Orange County largely consists of tourism, tech companies, and a variety of other major companies that keep corporate or regional headquarters in the area.
There are many popular cultural attractions in L.A. and Orange County that bring millions of tourists a year to the area and it is also the second most populated metro area in the United States. Residents across the L.A. metro area should be aware that there are quality local disaster restoration and cleaning services that are ready to service homes and businesses. The weather in the L.A. area is pretty moderate with low precipitation except during the winter and spring but these seasonal thunderstorms can cause water or storm damage and L.A. is also prone to earthquakes which can cause major property damage. Make sure to contact a local disaster restoration service provider to help restore any damage to your home or property.
Disaster Restoration and Cleaning Services for Orange County and Los Angeles CA
24 Hour Emergency Services for Water, Fire, and Smoke Damage Restoration
Homes and businesses in Orange County and the L.A. metro area can sustain fire and water damage from a range of different sources and if either type of damage is not restored immediately, it could become permanent. Los Angeles weather has moderate temperatures throughout the year with very low precipitation but during the winter and early spring months, certain areas in the L.A. metro area experience heavy rains and thunderstorms that can contribute to storm and water damage.
Fires can strike at virtually any time and cause significant structural damage to a home or building in L.A. or Orange County that requires professional restoration services. There are a number of different variables that can cause a fire and the resulting fire and smoke damage often contains corrosive byproducts that can cause the damage to become permanent if it is not restored right away. Whether your home or business has been damaged in a fire or by excess water, it is important to contact a local disaster restoration service provider to help limit the damage and begin the restoration. Many of these restoration service companies are ready to respond to emergency needs throughout the L.A. area 24 hours a day.
After the Flood: Residential and Commercial Flood Drying Services in Los Angeles CA
When a home or building is flooded with excess water, the damage that results is extensive and can affect everything from the structural elements of the building to the furnishings and personal items stored inside. While the low precipitation of Los Angeles may not cause too many floods, other factors such as leaks and burst pipes can cause extensive flood damage to homes and businesses in the area. If your home or business has experienced substantial flooding, make sure to contact a local service provider for flood drying services as soon as possible. These flood drying services for large losses are effective for commercial and residential settings and will help dry out every aspect of the building including the flooring, structural elements, and furnishings.
Protect your Personal Belongings with Pack Out, Board Up, and Dry Cleaning Services in L.A.
Major disasters such as flooding and fires can sometimes leave a home or building in a dangerous or unstable condition and affect your contents or personal belongings. If your home or business has been damaged to the extent that the building is no longer secure, contact a local service provider for board up services. Boarding up a damaged home or building will help keep it secured and protected from further damage and vandalism. Many companies who provide board up services also provide pack out and dry cleaning services to restore clothing and personal belongings that have sustained fire, smoke, or water damage.
Business, Trade, and Entertainment in the “City of Angels”
Los Angeles is home to a diverse economy that consists of several major industries including international trade, entertainment, technology, fashion, and tourism to name a few. Many major U.S. companies have headquarters in L.A., including six Fortune 500 companies, and it is the biggest manufacturer of the western U.S. The location of Los Angeles along the Pacific coast also makes it a very important center for international trade. The ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach together account for the world’s fifth busiest port and allow the U.S. to actively trade with other countries of the Pacific Rim.
Los Angeles is perhaps most well-known for their role in the entertainment industry including movies, television, and music with Hollywood and the 20th Century Fox headquarters within the city. Other notable company headquarters located in Los Angeles include American Apparel, California Pizza Kitchen, The Cheesecake Factory, DeviantArt, City National Bank, Herbalife, Pabst Brewing Company, and many more. The largest private sector employer in the Los Angeles area is the University of Southern California (USC).
There are several Fortune 500 companies with headquarters located in Orange County including Ingram Micro, First American Corporation, Broadcom, Western Digital, and Pacific Life as well as technology companies such as Gateway Inc., Linksys, and Blizzard Entertainment. Shopping and tourism make up a large part of Orange County’s economy as it contains a variety of shopping malls including South Coast Plaza, the biggest mall in the state of California. Disneyland in Anaheim is the world’s second most visited theme park and the amusement park Knotts Berry Farm also attracts millions of tourists annually. The resorts of Orange County’s beach cities attract tourists steadily throughout the year as they contain some of the world’s most famous beaches for surfing.
The diverse and vibrant economy of Los Angeles and Orange County makes it a great area to run a business and one of the best ways for your business to make a positive impression is to keep the space consistently cleaned and maintained. Companies that provide carpet cleaning services to the Los Angeles area serve office and commercial buildings to help keep their carpet and upholstery maintained on a regular basis. This will not only lead to a cleaner and healthier environment for the employees, but also make a good first impression on potential clients and customers.
Crime Rates and Social Issues in Los Angeles CA
Los Angeles has always had a questionable reputation when it comes to crime as the gang history of the city has led to the nickname “Gang Capital of America.” However, the crime rate of Los Angeles has been dropping steadily since the 1990s and the homicide rate continues to drop significantly each year. Even though crime as a whole has decreased in all major areas including murder, assault, and theft, the crime rates of Los Angeles are still slightly higher than the average rate across the U.S. (http://www.city-data.com/city/Los-Angeles-California.html)
There has been an extensive history of violent crimes in Los Angeles including some high profile cases and if a violent crime or accident scene contains biohazard materials such as blood or bodily fluids, it must be cleaned up by a certified professional. Biohazard materials can potentially contain viruses or toxins that spread disease or infection and a certified biohazard cleaning specialist can safely remove and dispose of all biohazard materials. They are also trained to work with law enforcement to avoid contaminating the scene or compromising the investigation if it is also a crime scene. Call your local crime scene clean up specialist instead to try to do on your own if you unfortunately encounter this situation.
Los Angeles Weather and Environmental Issues
The Los Angeles weather is considered a Subtropical-Mediterranean climate with moderate to warm temperatures, very little rainfall outside of the winter and spring, and a high amount of sunshine. Many areas near L.A. experience differences in daily high and low temperatures that can be as wide as 20 to 30 degrees Fahrenheit and the microclimate phenomenon may cause variations in temperature between areas within L.A. that are in close proximity. The average yearly precipitation for Los Angeles is between 15 and 20 inches depending on the specific area.
While the natural weather of the Los Angeles area is considered beautiful by most standards, there is an unnatural element that can affect the Los Angeles weather, smog. Los Angeles has a high amount of air pollution from its automobiles, locomotives, and shipping and manufacturing centers and the atmospheric inversion of the Los Angeles Basin holds this exhaust in. The state of California has taken the most aggressive measures in the country at reducing emissions which has led to a reduction in smog in the Los Angeles area.
Los Angeles Sightseeing: Fun Things to do in L.A. and Orange County
Los Angeles is one of the biggest tourist destinations of the U.S. with up to 40 million tourists visiting the city each year. There are many famous attractions and sightseeing opportunities in the Los Angeles metro area as well as impressive parks, beaches, and museums.
- Universal Studios Hollywood: Universal Studios in Hollywood is an amusement park that features rides, a working movie studio, shops, restaurants, and theaters. Tourists can experience the best of what Hollywood has to offer by visiting Universal Studios.
- Performing Arts: The performing arts is a major aspect of L.A.’s cultural scene and the city holds over 1,000 theatrical productions annually. The main theaters in L.A. include the Los Angeles Music Center, the Walt Disney Concert Hall, and the Los Angeles Philharmonic.
- Museums and Art Galleries: There are more museums per capita in Los Angeles than any other city in the world as it boasts well over 800 art galleries and museums. The Los Angeles County Museum of Art is the biggest art gallery in the western U.S. and it features works that represent each section of L.A.’s diverse population. Other notable museums include the Getty Center and the Museum of Contemporary Art. Many of L.A.’s museums can be found on Gallery Row which is a section of downtown Los Angeles dedicated to promoting the arts.
- Sports: Los Angeles is home to several high profile sports franchises. The Staple Center is home to the Lakers and Clippers of the NBA and the Kings of the NHL. The Los Angeles Dodgers play at Dodger Stadium which is the third oldest ballpark in Major League Baseball behind Fenway Park in Boston and Wrigley Field in Chicago. Orange County features two professional sports teams located in Anaheim, the Anaheim Ducks of the NHL and the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of the MLB.
- Parks and Beaches: Southern California is a beautiful geographical area laden with state parks inland and beaches along the coast. Los Angeles is home to popular beaches such as Venice Beach and Santa Monica Bay as well as state parks that include Runyon Canyon Park and Topanga State Park among others.
- Landmarks: There are many well-known and important landmarks in the Los Angeles metro area such as the Hollywood Sign, Hollywood Boulevard, the Capital Records building, the Griffith Observatory, the TLC Chinese Theater, the Battleship USS Iowa, and many others that makes L.A. a great place for sightseeing.
- Orange County Beaches: Orange County has several beaches including some of the world’s most famous surf spots such as Huntington Beach and Newport Beach. Huntington Beach hosts many surfing contests and has the nickname “Surf City, U.S.A.” and the tip of Newport Beach referred to as “The Wedge” is a popular body surfing location.
- Orange County Theme Parks: Two of the country’s most popular theme parks are located in Orange County; Disneyland in Anaheim and Knotts Berry Farm in Buena Park. Disneyland is one of the top two theme parks in the entire world and continues to attract millions of tourists per year. Knotts Berry Farm is an amusement park built on the site of an old berry farm that boasts over 40 rides and 5 separate themed areas such as Ghost Town and Fiesta Village.
more information on Restoration and Cleaning Services in LA, California.