AdvantaClean of Bowie
The air ducts are an important component of the HVAC system in homes and commercial buildings. They are usually out of sight behind walls and ceilings, so they are often ignored until there is a problem. However, it is important to pay attention to the air ducts and provide necessary maintenance before a problem arises. Airborne dust and debris consistently gather within the air ducts as the HVAC system draws in air. As the dust and debris builds up, it can restrict airflow which lowers efficiency and even cause damage to the component parts. It is important to have the air ducts in your home or building cleaned when necessary.
At AdvantaClean of Bowie, we provide air duct cleaning services for homes and businesses in Crofton and Lanham, MD and the surrounding areas of Prince George’s County and Anne Arundel County. We use advanced equipment to remove built up dust, mold, and bacteria from your air ducts to improve the efficiency of your HVAC system as well as the indoor air quality.
Why Air Duct Cleaning?
The National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) estimates that as much as 40 pounds of dust is created in the average home and much of this dust floats in the air. As the HVAC system recirculates the indoor air, it pulls in the dust and debris along with the air which gather within the air ducts and on the internal parts. This buildup can lower the indoor air quality in your home or building because it can get recirculated into the air as the HVAC system operates. Excessive buildup can slow the airflow within the HVAC system which causes the system to work harder, increasing heating and cooling bills as well as the risk of a malfunction.
NADCA recommends that you have the air ducts in your home cleaned every 4-7 years to remove the buildup. The following are signs that it is time to have your air ducts cleaned:
- You have to sweep and dust your home more often than usual.
- Your heating and/or cooling bills are higher than normal.
- Your or others in your home are experiencing allergies.
- There is little or no airflow coming out of your vents while the heating or cooling is running.
Professional Air Duct Cleaning
Our professionals can remove dust and debris build up within your air ducts using advanced methods and equipment. We will ensure that the buildup is removed from the air ducts, supply and return registers, heating and cooling coils, grilles and diffusers, drain pans, fan motor and housing, air handling unit housing, and heat exchangers.
The removal of built up dust and debris will improve the air quality of your home by removing contaminants and increase the efficiency of the HVAC system. Less debris will increase the airflow which improves efficiency and decreases the risk of breakdowns.
Our air duct cleaning services follow the standards of NADCA. You can expect our technicians to take the following steps:
- Our technicians will evaluate your HVAC system and create an air duct cleaning plan.
- We will place corner guards and floor coverings to protect your home and ensure that the vents and returns are accessible during cleaning.
- The vents and returns are sealed, and we maximize the air flow by putting your air conditioning ducts under negative pressure.
- A powerful vacuum is connected to the main line to remove dust, dirt, mold, and other debris.
- Dirt and debris are dislodged using high pressured compressed air whips.
- The access hole in the main line will be resealed according to NADCA standards after the cleaning is done.
- We will review the cleaning with you to ensure your satisfaction.
If your home or business in Crofton or Lanham, MD is due for an air duct cleaning, contact AdvantaClean of Bowie. You can reach us at (301) 750-9969 for more about our air duct cleaning services.