Do you do remodeling services in Omaha?
27. July 2016
ServiceMaster Restoration Services of Omaha, NE provides construction services to help rebuild homes and businesses that have been heavily damaged and these construction services include remodeling. However, remodeling is only offered as part of the reconstruction process after a disaster. ServiceMaster Restoration Services does not provide typical remodeling services like a general contractor.
I have water damage due to ice dam. Who can help me? I was told to get a Restoration Company
24. July 2015
Ice dams can be a major problem because they can cause water damage within your home as well as property damage outside your home. They are mostly caused by poor insulation in the attic as the warm air from the attic melts ice and snow which then drains into the gutters. The cold temperatures then cause this drainage to freeze again in the gutters, which prevents subsequent ice and snow from draining properly when it melts, thus creating a dam. The result is water damage in your home from the excess water that has nowhere to drain and potential damage to the gutters and eaves of your home from the weight of the ice and snow.
Water damage from ice dams can be a tricky problem because it tends to affect hard to access parts of your home such as an attic or crawlspace and there could be damage to your eaves or roofing as well. Because of this, it is definitely best to hire a restoration professional that specializes in water damage restoration to repair the damage. These professionals can not only remove excess water, but they can also repair the resulting damage.
Here are some tips that can help you prevent ice dams in the future:
- Rake snow off of your roof after a snowfall, it is most effective to rake it down in the direction of the roof’s slope.
- Check your attic for air leaks and make sure they are properly sealed.
- Make sure the insulation and ventilation in your attic are adequate, a professional can help with this step.
- If an ice dam has already formed, carefully chip at it to create channel for extra water to drain.
What would the restoration cost be around for 1000 sqft after a fire
fire damage -
7. April 2015
Fires are very dangerous disasters and the damage they cause does not stop spreading once the flames are put out. Soot and corrosive byproducts spread damage after the fire is out which makes fire damage restoration extremely important to begin. The cost of fire damage restoration services can vary widely depending on the extent of the damage and the work that needs to be done which can include repair of structural elements, water damage restoration, and deodorization.
According to statistics from HomeAdvisor, the majority of fire damage restoration cases cost between 3,000 and 5,000 dollars while damage that is small in scope can cost under $1,000. These prices best reflect cases with limited damage but the more extensive the damage is within the home, the more expensive fire damage restoration services can be. According to statistics from CostHelper Home and Garden, homes with more extensive damage that may need rebuilding services can cost anywhere from $10,000 to $70,000 and beyond depending on a range of factors such as what specifically was damaged and what restoration services are required.
While the extent of the damage is one indicator of the possible cost for restoration, the amount of individual services needed to complete the restoration is another indicator. The services that may be necessary for fire damage restoration include:
- Water damage
- Soot removal from fabrics and services
- Surface cleaning
- Air duct cleaning
The extent of the damage and the specific services required to restore the damage are the best indicators of the potential cost of the restoration. However, the cost of fire damage restoration for 1000 square feet can differ from house to house depending on how extensive the damage is within that area. Talk to a fire damage restoration professional immediately after a fire as many of them provide free estimates before beginning any work.
How to keep raccoons away from my property?
5. March 2015
The best raccoon control method is to prevent the animals from entering your property. Check detailed information on the best raccoon prevention and removal strategies here:
There are some effective methods that will help you keep the little intruders away:
- Cleaning up – raccoons like messy places with lots of garbage they can rummage through for leftovers. So, if you keep your place really clean, carry away any wood and trash piles and trim the shrubs and weeds, raccoons will probably stay away;
- Remove anything edible – keep pet food safely locked inside, remove rotten fruits from your yard and make sure there are no crumbs or other leftovers so that no tasty invitations attract the omnivorous nocturnal animals to your home;
- Secure trash cans – close the trash cans tightly and wash them regularly;
- Block access points – a strong fence and a solid roof and a cap over your chimney will make it difficult for raccoons to enter your property. Also, make sure there are no holes and broken vents and ducts and close tight windows and pet doors at night;
- Use appropriate repellents – most traditional repellents are not very efficient but the scent of ammonia or bleach, together with bright light around your house at night may drive the raccoons away.
If despite your efforts, raccoons find shelter in your property, you need to get rid of them immediately because they can cause a variety of property damages and bring in parasites. Raccoon trapping and removal will be your only option if prevention measures fail.
What are the first signs of water damage in the bathroom?
5. February 2015
Finding the signs of water damage is not easy because the problem is usually hidden and by the time you notice that something is wrong the sustained damage can already be rather extensive. The first signs of water damage are easily overlooked, so you need to know what to look for in order to prevent flooding, mold growth and other related problems. There are several indicators that should raise the red flag for you:
- Musty smell – it is usually the first sign to appear and worn you of hidden leakage or mold growth, especially if it is persistent and continues even after thorough cleaning;
- Damaged floors and walls – crumbling plaster, blistering paint, cracks in the tiles or gaps in the grout are all signals of an approaching disaster. If the walls or the floor feel wet and softer to the touch, or have inexplicable stains, you will have to do deal hidden leakage;
- Visible mold – mold only develops when there is a source of moisture, so visible mold growth means that water damage is already under way.
You can find more detailed information on how to detect threats of water damage early:
Just remember to never neglect the warning signs of water damage because your early response may save you a lot of troubles and money.