Excessive moisture or flooding within a home can cause damage to property and furnishings and if the water is not promptly removed, the damage could become permanent. ServiceMaster by Cornerstone provides water damage restoration services to homes and businesses in and around Memphis, TN to remove standing water and repair the damage it caused. It is important to contact us immediately to help contain the damage anytime a flood should occur to save money on insurance claims.
The trained staff of ServiceMaster by Cornerstone strives to provide the best flood cleanup and water damage repair services which is why we use only the industry’s best cleaning products, methods, and equipment.
What to do after water damage
As soon as flood or water damage is discovered, call ServiceMaster by Cornerstone to begin the water damage cleanup process. As you wait for our technicians to arrive you can perform the following actions:
- Mop or blot dry to remove excess water.
- Remove wet area rugs or floor coverings.
- Keep draperies off the floor by putting the bottom through a coat hanger and putting the hanger on the drapery rod.
- Wipe water from wet furniture and prop the cushions up to dry evenly.
- Move photos and paintings somewhere safe and dry.
- Keep drawers as well as closet and cabinet doors open to help with the drying.
What NOT to do after water damage in Memphis, TN
- Do not walk into a flooded room while the electricity is on.
- Do not try to remove standing water with a vacuum cleaner.
- Do not try to remove permanent carpeting yourself.
- Do not use electrical appliances while standing on a wet floor.
- Do not touch mold growth.
- Do not take wet books off the shelf; pack them together tightly to prevent the pages from warping.
Our water damage restoration process includes:
- Inspection and assessment
- Water removal
- Anti-microbial application
- Drying: Air movement
- Drying: Dehumidifying
- Drying: Monitoring
Contact ServiceMaster by Cornerstone for our water damage restoration services if your home or business in Memphis, TN has been damaged in a flood. We can be reached at (901) 410-4664 for emergency water damage repair 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.