According to the FBI, there were over 12,000 homicide victims in the United States in 2011. Once the criminal investigation into a homicide has been completed, it’s the property owner’s responsibility to have the area cleaned and restored. Aftermath Services has the training and equipment to safely clean homicide crime scenes in the Detroit, MI area. Our technicians know how to remove blood, bodily fluids and other biohazards as well as clean and sanitize the area while maintaining a sense of respect and compassion. This isn’t just any cleanup job; people’s lives have been devastated.
Homicide cleanups differ from ordinary cleanup jobs because a crime has been committed. Aftermath Service technicians work together with crime scene investigators to handle evidence in a proper manner and avoid doing anything that could jeopardize the investigation. We use state of the art tools, cleaning products and protective equipment to completely remove biohazardous materials, disinfect and restore the scene to its original condition, and reduce the risk of spreading infections and diseases.
Aftermath Services’ Homicide Cleanup Includes:
- Biohazards such as blood, bodily fluids and tissue are removed, as well as remnants from the criminal investigation, such as fingerprint dust.
- Odor Removal. We use deodorizers not commercially available to safely remove lingering smells.
- Proper Disposal. Biohazardous materials should never be thrown in the trash. We securely transport them in proper containers to a licensed facility for legal disposal.
- Certified Technicians. Our technicians have all the necessary training and certification to restore homicide scenes in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Continuous Monitoring. Our quality control and communication plans ensure that the job is completed quickly and doesn’t interfere with the criminal investigation.
- Insurance Assistance. We’ll help coordinate the claims process with you, law enforcement, and your insurance company.
- Family Assistance and Support. A homicide is an emotionally draining event. That’s why we’ll put family and friends in contact with specially trained professionals who will help them through the process.
- Final Walk Through and Approval. We walk through the area with the client to ensure the job is complete. It’s not done until the client is satisfied.
If a homicide has taken place on your property in the Detroit, MI area, call 911 first, then call the professionals at Aftermath Services at (888) 696-7999. We’re ready 24 hours a day, 7 days a week when you need us.